To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
148 State Street
Boston, MA 02109
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Public Consulting Group, Inc. • Boston, MA
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG) provides management consulting and technology services to help public sector education, health, human services, and other government clients achieve their performance goals and better serve populations in need. Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, PCG has more than 2,200 professionals in 55 offices around the U.S. and in Montreal, UK and Poland. The firm draws on more than three decades of consulting to public sector clients to deliver best-practice solutions and measurable results to state and local public agencies, state-operated facilities, and private providers that do business with government agencies. PCG is committed to a diverse workforce which is a reflection of our clients and the people they serve. Our organizational culture attracts and rewards people who are results-oriented and interested in making an immediate impact on their community as well as their own career.Responsibilities
Do you have experience in Healthcare or Hospital Cost Reporting?
The Consultant will work to support PCG's efforts our growing line of business within our EMS and School based Cost Reporting line of business. This is an exciting opporunity to lead existing projects as well as assist us in growing this line of business. In this role you will lead a team of analysts from our Boston office as well as lead the team in client meetings. This position will be based in Boston, MA.
Consultants occupy a critical position in PCG and are key to the management team in achieving business objectives. In general, they play one of two roles in the firm. In the consulting practice, they represent an area of expertise essential to one or more product lines. This ability puts them in the position of managing complex projects and/or producing sophisticated deliverables for a number of different projects. Their experience and knowledge of the product lines allows them to train and supervise staff, work independently with minimal supervision, serve as an internal consultant to other projects or product lines, play a key role in proposals and sales presentations, and present at conferences. In operations projects, Consultants may oversee substantial projects involving multiple staff and complex operations. They are often the primary point of client contact and are responsible for managing most deliverables and services. In both cases, Consultants are essential to a product line. Consultants serve as role models for business analysts and administrative staff, always employing sound business and professional judgment in their activities.
Understand both the service delivery system for programs which are administered by states and monitored by federal regulators.
• Review and be expert in the business operations for service and efficiency improvements.
• Evaluate programs and make recommendations for improvements.
• Understand and be an expert in complex federal regulations and requirements.
• Analyze and interpret federal and state law and regulation.
• Assess best practices and provide technical assistance to clients.
• Manage small projects, staff and tasks with limited supervision while meeting and exceeding performance expectations.
• Facilitate client discussions.
• Delegate tasks and responsibilities to team members.
• Manage daily project functions and client interaction.
• Participate in sales motions related to the practice.
• Lead proposal writing teams, including writing sections, coordinating efforts, and preparing proposal submissions.
• Prepare other written reports and materials for clients.
- Strong quantitative skills and able to analyze and interpret financial data.
- Strong Microsoft Office applications skills, expecially data analytics (i.e Excel, Tableau)
- Attention to detail and ability to work with large data sets with accurate results
- Abitliy to move projects forward within a specific timeline and budget while working at a detailed level
- Commitment to exceptional client service
- Creative problem-solving ability and a consulantcy mindset.
- Dedication to accomplishing goals and challenges presented by clients and management
- Ability to interact with various levels of management andf clients
- Flexible, self-starter possessing intellectual curiosity.
- Enthusiasm for life-long learning and staying well informaed about current business issues
- Ability to follow, critically evaluate, and improve upon current processes
- Excellent business writing skills and ability to make presentation to various audiences.
- Ability to recognize issues and identify solutions.
- Ability to research, analyze and interpret policy, legal briefs and regulations.
- Able to work independently and consistently achieve excellent results.
- Able to work effectively with all members of project teams.
- Outstanding oral and written presentation skills.
- Demonstrated initiative and the ability to successfully identify new business opportunities.
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Is viewed as “expert” in their technical ability and is looked to in training others.
- Previous supervisory and client/project management experience preferred.
Experience in Healthcare or Hospital Cost Reporting