Irvine Scientific, a member of Fujifilm Holdings Corporation, is a worldwide leader in the innovation and manufacture of cell culture media, reagents, and medical devices for researchers and clinicians. The company provides unrivaled service and quality to scientists working in cell therapy and regenerative medicine, assisted reproductive technology and cytogenetics, and industrial cell culture for the large- scale production of biotherapeutics and vaccines. Irvine Scientific adheres to both ISO and FDA regulations and operates dual cGMP manufacturing facilities in California, USA, and Tokyo, Japan. The company’s consultative philosophy combined with expertise in cell culture and compliance provides customers with unique capabilities and support. For over 45 years, Irvine Scientific has remained uniquely flexible and focused on media while becoming a strategic global leader in media products and services. Additional information can be found at www.irvinesci.com.
We are hiring for a Sr. Scientist. The Sr. Scientist will be responsible for activities relating to cell biology, product development, technical product support, and process improvements.
- Conceptualize, develop and execute experimental strategy and plans required for the development of new products or technologies to support the cell culture market
- Supervise and conduct experimental work related to new product development
- Supervise a team of R&D scientists
- Support marketing and new products through presentations, publications, collaborative studies, interactions with key customers and as a participant in conferences
- Contribute to development of long-range plans for R&D
- Learn, maintain and advance expertise in areas relevant to company’s products and strategic goals
- PhD in Life Science, Biochemistry, Cell Biology, or related science
- Minimum five years’ of relevant experience, with emphasis in experimental design, execution and completion of projects related to cell culture products
- Solid understanding and knowledge of media formulation chemistry is required
- Solid understanding of metabolomics is required
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Irvine Scientific is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of FUJIFILM about this requisition. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at FUJIFILM via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of FUJIFILM, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by FUJIFILM for this requisition and a valid agreement with FUJIFILM is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the FUJIFILM agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
New Product Development
Process Improvements (Business)