To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Scottsdale, Arizona, AZ
- Southern Careers Institute
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Woz U • Scottsdale, Arizona, AZ
Posted 16 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Only Those with a Passion to Revolutionize Education May Qualify.
At Woz U, the core of what we do is passion. We're passionate about inspiring the next generation of innovators and developing the workforce of the future. It's this passion that drives everything we do, and if you feel you have it burning in your belly, we want to talk.
We call it being a life changer, but you'll call it a job you love while helping others find the same. You'll have a hand in improving the lives of countless Woz U students by working with impassioned educators and campus faculty in a collaborative, interactive environment to create optimized environment for our students.
- A position where you get to work on cutting edge technology: multiple relation and noSQL databases, data lakes, analysis and reporting services, BI solutions etc.
- As part of a small team your contributions are noticed, valued, and really matter.
- Your voice is heard and your contributions matter.
- Scrum ceremonies are kept to a minimum.
- Processes and procedures are implemented when they serve a purpose, and discarded when they are not useful.
- A team of smart people that are fun to work with. Meme battles are common.
What you can expect when joining Woz U:
- Training & Development
- Fun & Energetic, Family-Based Environment
- Continuous Growth Opportunities
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Options
- Health Savings & Flexible Spending Options (HSA & FSA)
- Basic Life & Accident Insurance
- Short & Long-term Disability
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Woz U is an Equal Opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- You will constantly analyze and optimize query performance and provide recommendations for performance improvements;
- Be willing to share your expertise and mentor, not lecture, less experienced engineers;
- Design, manage and test disaster recovery procedures for all platform data;
- Take ownership of your tasks, problems, issues, code. You might not know how to fix it, but you're expected to pull in the necessary resources to see it through to resolution.
Successful candidates will have:
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent experience;
- Be able to communicate in more than grunts after you've had your morning-coffee;
- Able to write with sufficient skill that spelling, and grammar checkers don't crash (and we're able to find your variable names when searching code);
- Always looking to improve your skills;
- Able to work quickly and independently;
- Be an expert on relational database design theory;
- You need to have experience working with large data sets and have a strong SQL and database management background;
- Experience with data lakes and expertise with designing and maintaining a BI solution are strongly desired;
- A working understanding of C#, Entity Framework and code first software development is a plus.