Extraordinary Care. Extraordinary Careers.
With the nation’s largest home infusion provider, there is no limit to the growth of your career.
Option Care Health, Inc. is the largest independent home and alternate site infusion services provider in the United States. With over 6,000 team members including 2,900 clinicians, we work compassionately to elevate standards of care for patients with acute and chronic conditions in all 50 states. Through our clinical leadership, expertise and national scale, Option Care Health is re-imagining the infusion care experience for patients, customers and employees.
Job Description Summary:
This position is responsible for administering and evaluating the effectiveness of respiratory care, coordinating respiratory services, teaching the patient and/or caregiver and performing respiratory care services to patients in their place of residence in accordance to physician’s orders.
- Provides care including patient and caregiver teaching, development and revision of the Plan of Care and Plan of Treatment, implementation of physician orders and patient response monitoring.
- Performs patient and caregiver education on oxygen supplies and equipment set-up and use.
- Provides new set up of all equipment and performs diagnostic testing.
- Submits all required patient care documentation and reports in a timely manner.
- Performs respiratory therapy procedures and applies diagnostic and prognostic principle to evaluate the patient's level of function in activities of daily living.
- Evaluates the home environment and makes appropriate suggestions.
- Communicates any changes in the patient's condition to supervisor, physicians and other health care professionals as appropriate.
- Instructs other health care personnel, caregivers and/or family members in aspects of respiratory care which make up the rehabilitation program for the patient.
- Coordinates the respiratory therapy program with the other home care clinical disciplines as indicated.
- Participates in the activities of the Performance Improvement Program.
- Participates in branch in-services, departmental meetings, interdisciplinary case conferences and quality assurance process as requested.
- Each employee is responsible for adhering to those performance programs, policies, procedures, guidelines and internal control standards established to guide the operation of the Company. Each employee must be made aware of and understand proper internal control procedures associated with their specific job function as communicated by his/her manager.
- Each employee is responsible for reporting concerns that he or she may have with respect to deficiencies in internal control.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
There is no supervisory responsibility for this role.
BASIC EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Graduate of a certified Respiratory Therapy Program.
- Current state Respiratory Therapy license in good standing.
- CPR certification.
- Minimum of three (3) year related experience in the home care industry.
- Must be able to assume a flexible work schedule and have the ability to travel in assigned territory as needed.
- Must have valid driver’s license and maintain a driving record which meets company’s standards and must have auto insurance in effect at all times.
- Experiential requirements may be waived in lieu of evidence of progressive growth in and attainment of the skills necessary to perform the required duties.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal & written communication skills and organizational skills required.
- Knowledge of accreditation standards, laws and regulations and industry standards of practice.
- Works independently, demonstrates leadership in the practice of respiratory therapy.
- Supports and promotes departmental goals and initiatives.
- Skill in effective consensus building.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and HIPAA compliance.
- Ability to promote a compassionate, caring, customer service oriented culture by operating in a professional and collaborative fashion.
- Knowledge of computerized information systems.
- Plans and organizes work effectively. confidential
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret clinical information appropriate to duties and responsibilities assigned.
- Ability to operate information systems, follow policy, complete required forms and prepare reports.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from referral sources, managers, patients, employees, payors and the general public.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
Willing to travel up to 100% of the time for business purposes.
There are no preferred qualifications for this role.
Option Care subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity, making employment available without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status according to the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information.