As a Lead Data Analyst, you'll be responsible for building our Analytics Platform from the ground up. You will be spearheading efforts to partner with Business Analysts to design and implement an Advanced Analytics platform that delivers valuable insights to stakeholders' analytics needs while helping grow, lead, and mentor a team to carry out your strategy and support this pivotal work. This will include work across functional areas such as Sales, Marketing, Homebuilding, Finance and Manufacturing.
What's in it for you
* Be on the ground floor to transform how data is available and used for analytics and decisions across lines of business.
* Every day you will be a leader, partner, creator, and expert.
* Serve as liaison between the business and technical teams to achieve the goal of providing actionable insights into current business performance, and ad hoc investigations to support future improvements or innovations.
* Share your knowledge; we want to learn from YOU and grow OUR skills as well.
* A great team of colleagues to work with. We really can't wait for you to join our team and will do whatever we can to help you be successful in this role
What You'll Do
* Lead new projects and initiatives through understanding business needs, executing, presenting, and influencing stakeholders.
* Builds reports and visualizations to communicate data stories to the business.
* Uses predictive modeling to increase and optimizes customer experiences, process improvements, automation opportunities and other business outcomes.
* Develop and monitor complex insights to business problems using a variety of data science approaches and methodologies. This includes investigating new data sources and performing data discovery to understand data value and relationships.
* Ensure proper escalation, prioritization, and remediation of data quality issues.
* Mentor less experienced analysts on standards to improve their knowledge of data science techniques and improve their efficiency.
* Implement standards, processes, and best practices for data capture, availability, quality, integrity, and compliance relating to Data Management.
* Identify and develop processes and procedures to ensure all reports and supporting documents are completed accurately and within required timeframes.
* Aligns with different lines of business to understand analytical needs to ensure data analytics is consistent across the organization to maximize value creation.
What Skills and Experiences are Required
* 8-10+ years of hands-on industry experience designing and implementing models and algorithms.
* Proven ability to lead a team, implement best practices and work with cross functional teams
* Proficiency with SQL, R or Python, Excel, and data viz tools such as Tableau and Power BI is a must.
* Effective written and verbal communication skills, including technical writing to work with multiple cross- functional teams.
* Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation.
* A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
* Bachelor's Degree in a quantitative discipline such as Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Finance, Engineering, or Computer Science
What Puts you Ahead of the Pack
* The skills above are required, but the ones below will give you a leg up on your competition:
* Experience with data architecture, data engineering and data warehousing. CRM (Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics) and/or Advanced Analytics (Microsoft Azure, Databricks, Microsoft Azure Machine Learning)
* Master's Degree in Data Science or Business Analytics or relevant experience
About Us & Life at NVR
NVR has been helping families build their happily ever after since 1948. As a Top 5 US homebuilder, we're committed to quality and to our customers and we take pride in the nearly 500,000 new homes we have sold and built across the country. Working in the homebuilding industry is tangible and rewarding, but not every job at NVR requires a hard hat. We don't just sell and build new homes; we also manage teams, acquire land, manufacture materials, provide mortgages to our customers, and provide corporate support to NVR's multi-billion dollar business operations.
At NVR, your desire to excel is matched by our commitment to your success and we'll give you the tools and industry knowledge you need. Our management team is tenured and talented, nearly 80% of them promoted from within, so you'll find mentors who can share their knowledge, provide career guidance and encourage your success.
NVR also offers benefits among the best in the industry that reflect the strong commitment we have to all of our employees.
* Competitive Compensation
* Home Purchase Discount
* Mortgage and Settlement Services Discounts
* Comprehensive Health, Life and Disability Insurance
* 401(k) (Full-time employees are eligible to contribute immediately)
* Employee Stock Ownership Program
* Vacation and Holidays
In addition to the traditional benefits, we offer all our employees stock ownership through a profit sharing trust as part of our retirement savings package. NVR has had the highest Earnings Per Share growth rate in the homebuilding industry for the past 10 years, so as we grow financially, so do you.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Drug Testing and Credit Check are required.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in the United States, as NVR does not provide visa sponsorships.
- Business Analysis
- Business Process Improvement
- Business Requirements
- Coaching And Mentoring