Facilities GCS Engineer will provide expertise and project ownership for Gas systems, safety and quality standards and improvements for those systems. Engineer will interact with on-site Versum team and local design/construction teams. Engineer will provide priority alignment and execution oversight while communicating progress updates as requested.
- Gas equipment and systems monitoring and management including sustaining operations, maintenance, and process & equipment improvements
- Direction and oversight of a large embedded contractor technician staff
- Evaluation of process requirements and specification of new gas delivery systems as required
- Daily interface with FAB engineering providing technical support, supply issue resolution, and gas stops and starts as required
- Future scenario planning support including infrastructure budget and schedule forecasting, utilization and capacity data analysis, and reporting
- Project management for design, budget, contractor selection, mechanical & electrical construction, equipment installation & qualification of new gas delivery systems
- BS degree in mechanical or chemical engineering, or related technical field
- > 4 years of chemical, gas delivery systems operations experience; semiconductor facility support preferred; Safety and HPM expertise
- Basic understanding of Specialty and bulk gas operation is required
- The candidate must demonstrate strong leadership skills required to interface with stakeholders across the SAS Facilities, Engineering, Contract Gas & Chemical Operations, and Construction organizations to both sustain regular operations and complete large scale expansion projects.
- The candidate must be familiar with data analysis related to flow rates, pressures, and consumption trends.
- The candidate should also be able to perform data analysis related to system capacity, schedule and, cost of expansion for report outs, presentations, and approval reports.
- Familiarity with gas delivery systems troubleshooting and strong mechanical aptitude
- Familiarity with design and installation of gas and chemical equipment including piping systems and facility support equipment
- Strong data analysis, troubleshooting, teamwork, and documentation skills
- Aptitude and desire to learn new skills
- Six Sigma certification and/or use of LEAN improvement tools a plus
- Ability to thrive in a multi-culture environment
- Previous supervisory role over technical staff is strongly desired
- Experience in managing and leading projects including design/specification, bidding, and field coordination
- Aptitude for documentation and data analysis
- FAB engineering experience in semiconductor is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including presentation skills
- Ability to work overtime / on non-scheduled days as required
Samsung Austin Semiconductor (SAS) is one of the most advanced semiconductor manufacturing facilities in the United States. SAS produces digital LSI logic components for tablets, smart phones, and other mobile devices. In August, 2012, SAS invested $4 billion to accommodate full System LSI production, bringing our total investment in Austin to more than $17 billion. With over 2500 employees and 2.3M square feet of space, SAS is producing a full range of design rule devices. Since 1997, SAS has been at the forefront of manufacturing technology, enabling the world's digital devices to operate at their highest performance.
What we offer:
- Ample training and development opportunities
- Competitive compensation package
- Generous PTO policy starting at 4 weeks
- Employer paid health insurance, long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance
- Onsite gym, basketball court, and soccer field
- Subsidized cafeteria meals
Samsung Austin Semiconductor is an Equal Opportunity employer.
Product Quality Assurance
Support Testing Activity