To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
165 Market Street
Onancock, VA 23417
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Social Worker / MSW - PRN
Intrepid Companies, Inc. • Onancock, VA
Posted 26 days ago
If you are looking for an exciting career opportunity with a national leader of personalized health care – this is your chance to join us at Intrepid USA! We are a national company with a local perspective, and working with us, you'll find that what we do is all about what matters the most – helping patients live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Our innovative approach gives patients access to the highly experienced clinical teams and up-to-date programs you would expect from a large company and combines them with the flexible, dedicated and personalized care you may expect from a smaller company.
Due to our continued growth, we are seeking a compassionate and experienced Social Worker on a PRN or 'as needed basis' to provide medical social services to patients in the home. At Intrepid, we focus on the heart of the matter – providing talented healthcare professionals, giving them opportunities to follow their passion, and ultimately giving patients the best care available for home health care, hospice and private duty care. Bring your enthusiasm and compassion to help others and we’ll provide you with a nurturing caring environment that will empower and inspire you to make a difference.
As a Social Worker / MSW, you will assess clients social and emotional needs related to illness or injury, need of care, response to treatment and adjustment of care. This includes the relationship of the medical and nursing requirement to the home situation, financial resources and availability of community resources.
Additional duties for this home care Social Worker role include, but are not limited to:
- Providing rehabilitative and supportive casework geared toward obtaining maximum benefits from medical care.
- Helping clients utilize family and community resources through referrals or linking directly with community health and welfare agencies.
- Working to achieve appropriate continuity of care to assure clients of ongoing services to meet their needs.
- Maintaining ongoing outreach with community agencies in order to identify agency services and act as liaison between Agency and the community
- Providing in-service education on social work related topics as needed/requested.
- Preparing clinical records (initial evaluations, plans of care, progress notes, discharge summaries) and submits them for the clinical record within agency policy.
We are looking for Social Workers / MSWs who combine the knowledge, skills, and judgement necessary to perform all duties, with the ability to contribute as a team member and work independently. You should be highly organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to positively adapt to change. Furthermore, it is important that you display excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and presentation skills, as well as a strong knowledge of the regulatory requirements at the state, federal, and local level.
Specific qualifications for this Social Worker / MSW role include:
- Graduate of an accredited social work program; master's degree required
- Minimum1 year of experience in a health care setting with qualified supervision
- Experience should be in direct service to clients and their families experiencing social, emotional and/or medical problems
- Current and valid license in the state of practice
- Auto liability insurance per policy plus current and unrestricted driver’s license
- Knowledge of social work skills, psychodynamics and family systems
- Working knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid and other state and federal regulations
- Knowledge of community resources
- Current CPR Certification
Join Intrepid USA – and make a real difference in the lives of our patients!