To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Houston, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Sourcing Manager Motor & Warehouse
LyondellBasell • Houston, TX
Posted 19 days ago
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.
This position supports the development and implementation of procurement strategies for contracts related to moving chemicals in bulk across North America by truck, isotank, flexibags, drums, liquid transloading facilities and support applicable transportation technologies. Additional procurement strategies for contracts in this position include Warehouse, Packaging, and Drayage to support Hyperzone. This position ensures accurate definition of requirements and maintains a good understanding of the market environment for motor transportation. This position develops comprehensive programs for supplier selection, approval, and on-going performance management.
This position is located at our North American Headquarters in Downtown Houston. The position offers a competitive base salary, bonus, 401K matching, generous benefits package, pension plan and employee discounts.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Develops the commodity strategies and sourcing plans for each of the services procured, implements those plans, and measures vendor performance.
- Sources logistics services totaling approximately $50 - 75MM annually.
- Maintains relationships with vendors to ensure strong, productive, and honest interaction throughout the relationship/contract/agreement.
- Establish Key Performance Indicators to drive performance including quality, service, and cost metrics.
- Maintains expert knowledge of the changing trends in logistics, supply chain, and transportation.
- Partners with IT and logistics operations to ensure LYB utilizes Transportation Management systems to efficiently and effectively manage the total cost to serve.
- Communicates with internal business stakeholders supporting logistics solutions to meet customer needs.
- Provide ongoing guidance to Motor Mode Owners and Logistics Compliance to drive transportation safety, efficiency and on-going equipment needs.
- Report shipping market changes and expected business impacts to internal stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in Logistics, Engineering, or Business.
- Minimum 7 years of experience required, preferably in a manufacturing environment in Technical or Business related position.
- Knowledge and understanding of Transportation industry, especially in the different modes of land transportation and/or movement of hazardous materials.
- Experience in positions requiring knowledge of materials management, with demonstrated experience in contract development and or contract administration.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Strong impact and influence.
- Ability to analyze large data sets, formulate a position, and concisely convey a message.
- Must be able to effectively communicate to with all levels of the organization in a concise and thorough manner.
- MBA or advanced degree preferred
- Experience in supply chain, logistics, and/or purchasing is desirable
- CPM certification desired
Builds effective teams:
Instills trust and exemplifies integrity:
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston