$3,000 SIGN ON BONUS FOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Senior Pharmacy Technician is responsible for prescription order entry, answering incoming calls, completing outbound calls to / from patients, physicians and pharmacists while ensuring a high level of customer service and maximizing productivity.
This position is full - time (40 hours / week) Monday - Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8 - hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of (8 am - 5:00 pm). It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime or weekends. Our office is located at 805 Franklin Ct Ste. A, Marietta, GA, 30067.
Positions in this function perform various duties related to the fulfillment of prescription orders: Compound medications in sterile environment using appropriate components, supplies, monitor and calibrate pharmacy equipment. Prepare any or all of the following: unit doses, specialty pharmaceuticals, injectables, IV, enteral and related supplies following state and federal regulations and company policies and procedures. May also perform drug supply ordering, inventory including proper storage of drugs, supplies, and appropriate refrigeration of perishable product, and monitor and adjust pharmacy equipment.
- Meet established productivity, schedule adherence, and quality standards while maintaining a good attendance record
- Compound IV Medications in a clean room environment
- Use USP797 guidelines for sterile compounding
- Maintain clean room environment and daily / weekly / monthly cleaning of room and equipment according to SOPs
- Demonstrate the ability to understand variable compounding modalities and to work independently but understand the need to consult with the pharmacist if questions arise
- Monitor and adjust/calibrate pharmacy equipment
- Pulling and Staging medications for compounding
- Stocking medications
- Labeling and organizing medications
- Schedule patient deliveries and refills
- Taking inbound calls and making outbound calls as needed
- Basic tasks are completed without review by other
- Assist with warehouse activities and other areas of the pharmacy as needed
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1-2 yrs pharmacy compounding experience
- Licensed Pharmacy Technician in State of Georgia
- Ability to work Monday-Friday (8:am-6pm or until work is complete) and occasional weekends on call. Flexibility is key.
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
- National Pharmacy Technician Certification (PTCB)
- Previous sterile compounding experience
- Ability to be a self - starter
- Ability to work with a positive attitude
- Ability to work with littler to no guidance
- Ability to remain focused and productive each day though tasks may be repetitive
- Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- Frequent speaking, listening using a headset, sitting, use of hands / fingers across keyboard or mouse, handling other objects, long periods of close vision looking at a computer monitor
- Service center environment with moderate noise level due to Representatives talking, computers, printers, floor activity
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Careers with OptumRx. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you’ll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you’re empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign-on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time or per diem basis ("Internal Candidates") are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Insurance, sign on bonus, customer service, customer service representative, claims, appeals, call center, phone support, dispute resolution, healthcare, UnitedHealthcare, UnitedHealth Group, Oputm, OptumRX, Marietta, GA, Georgia, pharmacy, pharmacy technician, prescription, RX, Senior Pharm Tech, Licensed Pharm Tech, Compounding, packing, UHG, hiring immediately, #RPO