Every day, Kelly Services connects professionals with opportunities to advance their careers. We currently have an exciting contract opportunity with one of our leading clients!
Title: Logistics Analyst
Location: Plainfield, IN
Duration: 12 months
Shift: Monday – Friday / 8:00am – 5:00pm
- Monitors supply chain and acts to prevent bottlenecks, delays and shortages in the flow of materials from warehouse or suppliers to production lines and worksites.
- Serves as a link between quality, engineering, customer service, production control and manufacturing to provide feedback on potential bottleneck areas.
- Prepares documentation and reports on progress of work and supply chain issues.
- Work closely with the warehouse receiving team to solve issues holding up product receipt
- Tracks shipments, confirms rates with carriers, consolidates loads, and selects most cost-effective method of transport.
- Uses ERP system to order, receive, ship and store parts and updates records. Ensures required stock is on hand or on order to support operations.
- Compiles and maintains inventory and status information to optimize movement of material and parts.
- Processes purchase requisitions to order required parts.
- Leads and facilitates cross functional collaboration within multiple divisions and departments to drive to problem resolution.
- Develop supplier scorecards which can be presented to senior leadership which will empower Supply Planning and Buying teams to increase inbound adherence to receiving specifications.
- 5-7 years’ work experience in supply chain
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- Prior experience in Warehousing/Distribution/Logistics (ERP or WMS) preferred
- Proficient with MS Office Suite applications
- Ability to communicate in clear concise terms to key stakeholders including Senior Manager and Director level stakeholders
Important information: This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. Applicants must be legally permitted to work in the United States. Please contact Taryn Carbone ([ Email removed ] - URL blocked - click to apply) for immediate consideration.
Kelly puts you in charge of your career, with access to cutting edge projects and technologies in industry leading organizations. Top companies throughout the world have trusted Kelly as a premier source of engineering talent and services since 1965. And engineering job seekers know Kelly as a firm with an unmatched reputation for quality, integrity, and professionalism. Whether you seek the variety and flexibility of working on short-term project engagements or prefer contract-to-hire or direct-hire placement with our clients, apply with Kelly to explore opportunities that suit your specific professional interests.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.
Supply Chain Management
Warehouse Management System