To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Grand Forks, ND
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
94T Avenger System Repairer
Army National Guard • Grand Forks, ND
Posted 2 months ago
Age Requirements: Must be between the ages of 17 and 35
The Avenger is the Army National Guard’s premier on-the-move defense turret that provides short-range air defense protection against air and land attacks. Lightweight, easily transportable, and equipped with eight powerful Stinger missiles, it’s up to the Avenger System Repairer to maintain the automated systems that keep the Avenger battle-ready.
• Determine malfunctions in electronics, electrical, and cryogenic assemblies; module and circuit elements
• Maintain gyroscopes, sights, and other electro-optical fire control components
• Repair and maintain missile mounts, platforms, and launch mechanisms
• Test and adjust weapons firing, guidance, and launch systems
• Inspect, test, and adjust components
• Remove and replace defective line units
Some of the Skills You’ll Learn
• Use of electronic, electrical, and mechanical test equipment
• Understanding of schematics, drawings, blueprints, and wiring diagrams
• How to operate, test, and maintain weapons systems
• Strong attention to detail
• Interest in working with weapons
Through your training, you will develop the skills and experience to enjoy a civilian career in firms that design, build, and test weapons systems for the military.
Earn While You Learn
Instead of paying to learn these skills, get paid to train. In the Army National Guard, you will learn these valuable job skills while earning a regular paycheck and qualifying for tuition assistance.
Job training for Avenger System Repairers consists of 10 weeks of Basic Training, where you'll learn basic Soldiering skills, and 18 weeks of Advanced Individual Training and on-the-job instruction. Training consists of both classroom and field work.
- Paid training
- A monthly paycheck
- Montgomery GI Bill
- Federal and State tuition assistance
- Retirement benefits for part-time service
- Low-cost life insurance (up to $400,000 in coverage)
- 401(k)-type savings plan
- Student Loan Repayment Program (up to $50,000, for existing loans)
- Health care benefits available
- VA home loans
- Bonuses, if applicable
- Most non-prior service candidates will earn between $200 and $250 per drill weekend, subject to change
- Military enlistment in the Army National Guard
- Must be at least a junior in high school, or have a high school diploma or a GED certificate
- Must be between the ages of 17 and 35
- Must be able to pass a physical exam and meet legal and moral standards
- Must meet citizenship requirements (see NATIONALGUARD.com for details)
Requires military enlistment. Programs and benefits are subject to change. Ask your Army National Guard recruiter for the most up-to-date information. Actual MOS assignment may depend on MOS availability.
This position may qualify for a bonus, ask your National Guard recruiter for the most up-to-date information.