Worker Time Type
This position delivers ice to customers in straight trucks that require a CDL Class B license. Drivers are either assigned a delivery route or transport truckloads of ice to specific customer locations. The delivery region, route, and type of equipment operated is subject to change depending on business needs. Drivers are expected to physically unload, deliver, fill, and rotate ice at the customer locations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Operate and maintain a clean company truck in a safe and professional manner.
2. Unload, deliver, and rotate ice at customer and other designated locations using a safe, courteous, and service-oriented method.
3. Perform pre/post trip inspections, comply with state/federal hours of service requirements, and operate the vehicle in accordance with DOT regulations.
4. Participate daily in the Daily Visual Management (DVM) process; reviews DVM results with other drivers.
5. Produce invoices for each delivery and complete all other required paperwork.
6. Responsible for the safe operation, working condition, and inventory of all driver “tools”, including: handhelds, printers, handcarts, and handtrucks.
7. Report all accidents and injuries, regardless of severity.
8. Pick up equipment as directed.
9. Follow all Standard Operating Procedures and processes.
10. Make and assume other duties and responsibilities required or assigned by management.
11. Adhering to the Code of Business Ethics is essential. We value honesty and integrity above all else and we expect our employees to be committed to the highest ethical standards.
The following metrics indicating the amount of ice that is moved daily and weekly by a delivery driver.
Delivery Driver Metric - Ice Volume for Job Description
Pallets to be delivered each day 10
# of 10 lb. bags per pallet 210
Total bags of Ice delivered per day (#10 Lb Equivalent) 2,100
Total bags of Ice delivered per 5 day week 10,500
Total lbs. delivered per day 21,000
Total lbs delivered 5 day week 105,000
Tons (ICE) delivered daily 10.5
Tons (ICE) delivered weekly 52.5
*This is a general outline based on a 10 Pallet truck and a 5 day work week.*
Internal: CSM, CSR’s/Dispatchers, Location Manager (if at spoke), Lead Driver (where applicable), Forklift Operator
External: Customers and warehouse personnel
This position requires a minimum Class B CDL drivers license. This is a professional driver position and must drive safely and courteously at all times. Must possess a clean driving record.
No lead or supervisory responsibility.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Must have a High School education or GED.
Three years previous route delivery driver experience preferred.
A minimum of one year experience as a driver in a vehicle similar to which you will be assigned to operate during the time of employment with the company is required.
Must have basic math skills and exceptional customer relations skills.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Must be able to drive in stressful environments. Unloads, loads, and rotates product in merchandisers. Required to lift 60 lbs throughout the day. Required to work in all weather conditions.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR PROPERTY, FUNDS AND INFORMATION
This position has direct responsibility for property, funds and information. This individual must adhere to and follow all corporate policies and procedures.
- Commercial Driver's License (Cdl)