The Customer Value Officer (CVO), will set an inspirational vision for the team that is focused on maximizing value for Company’s On Premise (AOP) customers and developing win-win propositions that result in new bookings contracts. Win-win propositions include new application sales, contract renewals and add-ons and identifying/pursuing break-out deals. The CVO is responsible for increasing revenue and creating sustainable value by leading, developing and being accountable for high value customer relationships that lead to a satisfied, retained and highly referenceable customer base.
The CVO will serve as the designated thought leader, champion and change agent of AOP’s Customer Success activities. The CVO will champion and drive a customer-centered culture across the 1Company and design an exceptional experience that is repeatable and measurable. Through a persistent focus on the customer, the CVO will develop and execute the plan for programmatic expansion of Company’s footprint within its existing customer in the Bank & Intermediary segments.
This role is responsible for increasing the growth of the AOP organization and delivering on Company’s strategic vision. The CVO will be directly responsible for the retention of sustainable recurring revenue from existing customers and leverage the current customer base to grow the business through up-sells, cross-sells and referral marketing. The CVO is responsible for remaining current on market trends and market conditions and using that knowledge to make innovative, data-driven decisions.
Given the CVO’s focus on the 1Company customer experience, this person will be instrumental in forming strong internal partnerships and relationships that allow Company to best service the customer while increasing revenue and profit. In driving the organization to work together for the optimum customer experience delivery, this role will develop an accountability action chain and establish the approaches and implementation of research to understand customer loyalty and return on investment (ROI).
The CVO will be instrumental in working within the Company organization and using the available resources, to determine what customers to invest in and where to make investment decisions (i.e. highest-impact contacts and efforts). The CVO will also be responsible to relay important dialog on customer success, through cultivating an environment of consistent feedback, to organizations that have direct impact on the customer experience (i.e. Product Development, Marketing, etc.).
Creating strong working relationships across the 1Company matrix organization and agreeing on shared goals is a key element of success.
- Responsible for new account team management, add-ons, etc. and will drive how we mature our Customer Success organization across the AOP globally.
- Establish metrics for defining the relationship with customers and managing customers as an asset, including the establishment of the accountability action chain
- Establish baseline metrics that will track the interactions with customers, and driving the tracking and reporting process to get to reliability in key interactions
- Serve as the VOC with respect to real time issues, surfacing concerns with all levels within the Company organization, and creating a unified platform for understanding customer issues and taking actions, providing the organization with a full 360-degree view of customer needs and pain points
- Attract, develop, engage and retain a high performing, results-driven customer success and customer value team
- Drive innovative approaches in establishing ways to involve existing customers in key processes and resolutions (i.e. product development, customer support, and/or education)
- Influence cross-company agreement on how to deliver the greatest value to customers
- Partner with Marketing, Sales, Finance (and others) to define what customers value and how to determine the differentiating experience Company delivers
- Identify operational accountability cross-functional alliances needed to drive customer value
- Enforce, Understand and Adhere to all Corporate Policies to include but not limited to Company Code of Ethics and Global Information Security.
- Master’s degree, preferably MBA, or equivalent
- 15 years of relevant business experience or equivalent
- Strong strategic thinker with demonstrated business acumen
- Track record of managing multi-matrixed organizations and achieving financial results
- Demonstrated ability to hire and lead high performance Sales teams
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills
- Proven success in defining and delivering optimal sales processes that drive customer satisfaction and business results
- Strong execution and project management skills
- Strong technical skills and experience
- Strong skills in data analysis and interpretation
- Strong relationship-building skills, with experience marshaling resources across an organization and across multiple offices
- Ability to quickly grasp concepts and solve complex problems
- Travel as necessary
- Marketplace management (e.g. product marketing, product partners management)
- Relationship management
- Process management
- Sales development process management
- P&L management
- Knowledge of the payments industry and the products managed
- Excellent Process Management Skills
- Excellent conceptual and strategic thinking/planning skills
- Strong relationship skills
- Proven ability to lead and motivate management teams - manager of managers
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills
- Good managerial financial skills
- Good budgeting, planning and variance management skills
- A global perspective and proven ability to work internationally
- Excellent ability to execute results-based management
- Knowledge of payments/Company customers
- Ability to monitor the marketplace/identify business opportunities and trends