Responsible for assisting branches and customers with technical, operational, service and sales support for pulling and stringing equipment, in our rental fleet and sales inventory, as well as customer-owned equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
List the primary essential job duties and responsibilities.
Works directly with local service and sales teams as well as customers to facilitate repairs of pulling and stringing equipment.
Conducts in-service operations with customers as necessary
Completes field repairs as needed/directed.
Provides technical support by phone/email/electronic meeting as needed.
Assists upper management in improving check-in/check out process for tensioning and stringing equipment.
Develops repair practices, operations and related materials to facilitate repairs and improve utilization of rental equipment
May assist/conduct training with CTOS personnel in operation, service and inspectional practices for related equipment.
May direct and supervise technicians’ efforts to repair equipment
Required Skills and Qualifications
State the minimum qualifications required to successfully perform the job. These are the qualifications that are necessary for someone to be considered for the position.
High School diploma or equivalent
At least five years’ experience in service, operation and application of tensioning, pulling and stringing equipment.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Ability to utilize computer systems to document work
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
This section should include all preferred but not required skills/qualifications.
• Training certificates from Sherman & Reilly, Condux or other preferred business partners.
• Experience training others to operate/repair equipment.
If the job requires a person to work in special working conditions, this should be stated here. Special working conditions cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, shift work, working outdoors, working with challenging clients, and so forth.
• Successful candidate may be asked to work at customer jobsites under extreme temperature variations and some hazardous conditions.
• Must be able to safely operate equipment at heights up to and exceeding 100 feet.
• Must be able to travel at least 50% of the time.
• Occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; some climbing and balancing on ladders and platforms of heights above 42”, significant stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling throughout an 8-12 hour day, and up to 60 hours per week.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
• 401(k) with Employer Match
• Competitive Health Care
• Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
• Paid Vacation, Sick and Holidays
• STD/ LTD
• Partner Discounts
• Investment in Employee Development
Custom Truck One Source is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.