To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Rockville, MD 20850
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
VP, GPO Operational Excellence and Strategy
Aramark • Rockville, MD
Posted 1 month ago
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, state-of-the-art healthcare providers, the world’s leading educational institutions, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 270,000 team members deliver experiences that enrich and nourish millions of lives every day through innovative services in food, facilities management and uniforms. We operate our business with social responsibility, focusing on initiatives that support our diverse workforce, advance consumer health and wellness, protect our environment, and strengthen our communities. Aramark is recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE, as well as an employer of choice by the Human Rights Campaign and DiversityInc. Learn more atwww.aramark.com or connect with us onFacebook andTwitter.
Position Summary. The VP, GPO Operational Excellence and Strategy, drives operational improvements and strategic projects across all GPOs and customer segments. This includes initiatives to leverage capabilities across GPOs, drive advanced customer and supplier analytics, lead marketing and communication for the group, as well as the management of operationally cross-functional departments. The VP will also lead cross-functional projects in the areas of GPO growth, business development or international expansion. The role requires collaboration with a broad set of Avendra, Aramark and external stakeholders.
- Management of cross-GPO operational resources of Avendra
- Provide direction to the marketing, communications and sustainability department. This includes leveraging these capabilities across all GPOs
- Provide direction to the reporting and analysis department in support of both the Customer Care and Strategic Sourcing organizations and management of Avendra’s customers’ ebusiness relationships. Goal is to continually develop, enhance and deliver reports and analytical tools to assist the Strategic Sourcing department and Customer Care organizations across all GPOs
- Provide direction to other areas of the organization as assigned if those are leverageable across all GPOs
- Develop best-in-class operational support practices and leverage those across all GPOs
- Proactively identify areas where Avendra can improve its cross-functional capabilities, drive improvement projects in conjunction with the operational leaders
- Identify ways that capabilities can be leveraged across GPOs, with their customer base and also into Aramark’s Supply Chain and Managed Services business
- Assist GPO operational leaders in design and implementation of various processes to support operational needs of the business
- Support or project manage complex business improvement project and support strategy execution in the area of business development, particularly as the company expands beyond existing segments or geographies
- Strategic vision; able to identify big ideas and understand if they could complement Avendra’s business
- Comfort with ambiguity and the ability to lead a work in an entrepreneurial setting; ability to think creatively about Avendra’s business
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to influence internally and externally
- Problem solving skills; the ability to break large problems into smaller parts, identifying options and then selecting the best option
- Excellent interpersonal, written/verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to build strong relationships at all levels within Avendra, with suppliers and with clients and customers
Overnight Travel Requirements. Type: All modes of transportation, percentage 25-50%, length: 1-2 nights
Years of Relevant Experience. 15 or more years of experience
Education Requirements. BS/BA in relevant field required, MA in business or related field preferred
Aramark is an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran