Manage the day to day operations of the Benefit Administration team and processes. Ensure all administrative and client facing duties related to Tandem HR benefits are completed appropriately and within deadlines. Responsible for the administration of Tandem sponsored Master Plans. Manage the client and worksite employee relationships with regard to benefits. Stay informed regarding applicable laws and regulations. Oversee the reconciliation and compliance of all enrollments. Assist in the resolution of any escalated inquiries. Manage a team of ten (10) benefits professionals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate Benefit Administration with Benefits Solutions Group, Alliance Workplace Solutions, other Tandem HR departments and any third party carriers.
- Responsible for the administration of Tandem sponsored Master Plans.
- Manage the Benefit Administration/inputs team.
- Manage escalated inquiries and issues regarding benefit enrollment, deductions and carrier billing.
- Oversee production of client benefit reports and audits.
- Ensure compliance with the client and Tandem reporting requirements under the Affordable Care Act.
- Lead the benefit administration portion of new client implementation to ensure a smooth transition and minimal errors.
- Oversee daily benefit administration reconciliations/closeouts.
- Develop and improve the benefit processes to improve efficiency and prevent discrepancies.
- Manage the benefit plans in HRIS system to ensure plans are set up correctly, are up to date and labeled appropriately for internal use.
- Oversee reconciliation of flexible spending and transit plans.
- Coordinate with other departments to ensure accuracy and client satisfaction.
- Assist clients in preparing a compliant benefit strategy that meets employer, employee, and government regulations.
- Maintain knowledge of any Tandem related benefit offerings (in addition to Health & Welfare) in order to communicate possible opportunities to the client and make upsell referrals.
- Maintain knowledge of legislative updates and industry information.
- Manage administration of Tandem offered flexible spending and other voluntary benefit plans.
- Monitor and resolve benefit adjustments as needed.
- Oversee cohesion among broker, benefit administration team, and client.
- Oversee the annual analysis of client(s) benefit coverage.
- Oversee reconciliation of employee elections to amounts received from clients to payments made to carriers, tracking adjustments to provide to accounting to record.
- Develop, track and act on benefit administration metrics.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ work experience, preferably in an agency, brokerage, human resources, or benefits role.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint applications.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Significant experience with benefit administration processing.
- Experience in resolving employee level issues and providing client level customer service.
- Direct or indirect supervision of multiple staff.
- CEBS or benefits related coursework a plus.
- Working knowledge of benefits related laws and regulations, preferred.
- Experience and understanding of integrated HRIS and payroll software such as, PrismHR, SAP etc., preferred.
Physical Demands and Working Environment
The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Environment: Work is performed primarily in a standard office environment with extensive public contact and frequent interruptions.
Physical: Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard; to travel to other locations using various modes of private and commercial transportation; and to verbally communicate to exchange information.
Vision: See in the normal visual range with or without correction.
Hearing: Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors or managers to perform other instructions and duties. This job description may be revised from time to time and does not constitute a contract for employment.
Human Resources Information System (Hris)
Human Resource Management