Company currently has an excellent opportunity for a Vice President of Development to be based in New York. The Vice President of Development will report to the SVP of Development. The successful candidate will be responsible for taking our projects from concept to completion. Participates with team members on acquisition, city / county coordination, site and building design, permitting, design meetings, construction administration and acts as the representative of the owner. This position will be responsible for preparation site investigation reports, cost at completion reports, project status reports and maintaining project files. The successful candidate will have knowledge of real estate transactions, general contracting methods, be detail oriented and purpose driven to set and meet deadlines.
- Understand business needs of client to develop project requirements
- Perform site evaluations and make recommendations for site selections
- Collaborate with various departments throughout the development process to ensure timely completion of all objectives and milestones
- Develop feasibility modeling, including capital costs budgeting, pro forma return measurements and valuation methodologies.
- Is fluent with project entitlements and implementation of approval requirements.
- Create “currency” for negotiations with Governmental authorities to achieve project approvals.
- Run multiple and complex entitlement processes.
- Close transactions on terms that benefit and protect the company.
- Other projects and duties expected of a development manager of the real estate department.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Civil Engineering required
- A minimum of 5-10 years of experience in the development of multiple properties on national basis and/or retail chain development experience
- Experienced in leading teams
- Proven experience in the underwriting and valuation of development opportunities; land acquisitions and underwriting transactions
- Strong analytical, problem solving, strategic planning, and project management skills
- Knowledge to assess and mitigate risks in the transaction, entitlement and development processes
- Excellent negotiation skills with the ability to sell your ideas and the rationale behind them
- Has exhibited a high degree of self-motivation, integrity and success in past endeavors
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to understand the difference between efforts and results
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and projects simultaneously
New Business Development