To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- West Des Moines, IA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Apex Systems • West Des Moines, IA
Posted 3 days ago
West Des Moines, IA
Apex Systems, the nation’s 2nd largest IT Staffing firm, has a Desktop Engineer open to act as a lead in providing technical guidance and consultation. Technical skills include: Windows 10, VB Script, Powershell. Preferred skills include: N/A.
Applicants must have desktop computing support background. If interested, send a resume to Hunter Vogt, our infrastructure-focused Recruiter in Des Moines, via [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
Overview of position:
- Acts as a lead in providing technical guidance and consultation associated with operating systems or subsystems.
- Defines systems software and/or hardware requirements and determines system specifications and/or customizations.
- Coordinates the design of subsystems and integration of total systems.
- Provides the strategy and design to build a utility for systems programming tasks required for installations, configurations, upgrades and testing.
- Develops new documentation, departmental procedures and user support guides.
- Consults with management, customers and staff and recommends process and procedure improvements.
- Identifies and provides guidance to less experienced staff and/or resolves highly complex production problems.
- Leads projects, allocates and manages resources and manages the work of less experienced staff.
- Assures quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area and oversees creation of or updates to and testing of the business continuation plan.
- 7+ years of experience in operating systems analysis/ engineering.
- Windows 10 experience
- VB script and powershell – scripting
- Desktop computing support background
- Imaging experience
- Attention to detail. Analytical skills, self starter, able to research
*Please note that as a contract employee with Apex Systems, you'd be eligible for Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance; Short Term Disability; Hospitalization Coverage; Direct Deposit; Weekly Pay; Training and Development Programs; Corporate Discounts/Perks and our Referral Program.*
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178