To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
840 Grier Drive
Las Vegas, NV 89119
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Senior Oracle Database Administrator (Corporate)
MGM Resorts International • Las Vegas, NV
Posted 7 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The primary responsibility of the Senior Database Administrator is to build and maintain all database systems. This position reports to Senior Manager – Database Operations in the Information Management Department and coordinates with other Information Technology departments and vendors. This position also assists during production incidents and resolution, which can occur anytime 24x7. The Senior Database Administrator is responsible to mentor more junior database administrators.
- Installs, upgrades, and maintains database systems.
- Manages system storage for the databases and applications.
- Executes performance monitoring, reporting and tuning of database systems.
- Manages and maintains back-ups and recovery process and procedures.
- Installs and maintains database server, replication and client environments.
- Develops, reviews, and tunes scripts, triggers, and store procedures.
- Assists in the design of database structures, packages and procedures.
- Manages security access and controls.
- Assists with production incidents and resolutions, including root cause analysis and recommendations.
- Implements database reporting and continuous improvement.
- Ensures audit trails are maintained through the use of manual or automated systems.
- Mentors more junior database administrators
- Performs other job related duties as requested.
Candidate must have at least 7 years of database administration experience in a commercial environment.
Candidate must have experience with the following technologies and concepts:
At least 7 years Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, or Teradata.
- At least 7 years Microsoft Transact-SQL, PL/SQL, or Teradata SQL.
- At least 7 years Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio 2005/2008/2012/2014/2016, Oracle 11g/12c, or Teradata Studio.
- At least 7 years Relational database concepts.
- At least 7 years Microsoft Windows Server 2003/2008/20012, UNIX, Oracle Exadata, or AIX.
- At least 7 years Data storage concepts.
- At least 7 years Backup and recovery of database systems.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Four year College degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field.
- Prior leadership experience.
- Experience with the following technologies:
- Golden Gate Software
- Microsoft clustering or Oracle RAC
- Storage Area Networks
- Active Directory Security
- Data Warehousing
- Data Replication
- Microsoft SSIS
- Microsoft Terminal Server
Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.
Certification in a major database management system is a plus.