General Manager | Alburtis, PA | req55192
• Interact with ownership, executive members and employees.
• Maintain customer contact.
• Conduct staff meetings to organize warehouse activities.
• Participate in trade organizations as a company representative.
• Ensure the development of systems and procedures for operating and managing physical facilities, human resources, equipment and products in a profitable manner.
• Plan, direct and implement warehouse operations and administrative support to meet prescribed productivity and service goals.
• Operate in compliance with federal, state and local statutes.
• Direct the operations of the warehouse management team to achieve prescribed objectives through sound communication programs.
• Remain knowledgeable regarding changes in hardware and software technology.
• Assist in the establishment of customer service standards for all accounts, communicating these standards to all personnel. Maintain appropriate contact with all accounts and respond to requests when required.
• Participate in company marketing and sales efforts with respect to generating new business.
• Develop an annual operating budget and manage a system of controls to ensure that service levels and operational performance goals are met within prescribed cost, revenue and profit parameters. Assure that all accounts achieve predetermined profit standards.
• Develop suitable programs for maintaining company standards of sanitation, maintenance, security, housekeeping, quality and safety of equipment and facilities in a manner that assures their most efficient operation.
• Develop the budget for their facility
• High level manpower and resource planning
• Customer contract negotiation and pricing
• Conflict resolution with customers and staff
• Efficient storage utilization
• Monitor Human Resource policies and procedures
• Compliance with Retail, Pharma and OSHA regulations
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Logistics or related field required
• Must have over seven (7) years of Management experience in a 3PL environment with P&L responsibility – preferably within the automotive or aerospace sector
• Proficiency in planning, staffing, and budgeting
• Develop effective relationships and provide leadership
• Successful communication - written and verbal
• Establish priorities and multi-task
• Possess professional business demeanor
• Materials handling equipment and personal computers with good working knowledge of MS Office Suite.
• Very organized / Methodical
• Critical / Analytic / Objective
• Ability to work effectively in a high-pressure environment
GOOD REASON TO JOIN
ABOUT KUEHNE + NAGEL
With over 82,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world’s leading logistics companies.
Kuehne + Nagel Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, genetic information, uniform service, protected veteran status or disability, or any characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law with respect to employment opportunities.
Warehouse Inventory Management