SS&C is a global provider of investment and financial services and software for the financial services and healthcare industries. Named to Fortune 1000 list as top U.S. company based on revenue, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut and has 20,000+ employees in over 90 offices in 35 countries. Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organizations, from the world's largest institutions to local firms, manage and account for their investments using SS&C's products and services.
This position will be based at 600 Townsend Street San Francisco, CA 94103.
SS&C Advent, a leading provider of award-winning software and services for the global investment management industry, is seeking a technical writer to join our STC-award-winning team in San Francisco.
Are you a multi-faceted technical writer with a track record for delivering on-time, high-quality work for multiple projects? Looking to flex your information design muscles on complex financial applications? Want to work with a supportive and collaborative team that’s passionate about user experience and quality content?
At SS&C Advent, you can be part of a quickly-evolving industry at the intersection of finance and technology, creating and designing content for rich and complex financial software applications. We offer challenging and meaningful work, and we are committed to a healthy work-life balance and a culture that emphasizes teamwork.
Our ideal candidate loves wrangling complexity into simplicity. You’re a great communicator and collaborator. Your natural curiosity about technical communication and your workplace motivates you to innovate content, processes, and teams. You thrive on variety and are adept at learning new technologies and processes.
What You’ll Do:
- Successfully complete our in-depth product training and certification course.
- Create clear and accurate content in different media for different usertypes: help, end user guides, release notes, system admin guides, API guides, quick start guides, web content, and in-app user assistance.
- Build relationships with business analysts, software engineers, product managers, interaction designers, and support reps while you research anddevelop technical content that serves our users.
- Actively participate in agile development team meetings and represent the interests of our customers and the technical communication team.
- Collaborate with other writers on large products, and drive the technicalcontent strategy for your own smaller products.
- Help our team excel by developing your interest and becoming a resource for a content creation tool, data analytics, social media, graphics, editing, or another tech writing passion that grows your career, our team, and our customer’s satisfaction.
- 3 or more years of experience creating clear and concise end-usertechnical documentation for complex software applications and workflowsfor a variety of audiences
- Knowledge of Adobe RoboHelp and FrameMaker (or similar help and docauthoring tools) and graphics capture/editing applications
- BA/BS degree in Technical Communication, English, Computer Science, Finance, Math, or other relevant professional experience
- A portfolio of excellent and elegant technical writing samples
- Experience with financial services, accounting, or data integration applications
- Knowledge of HTML, SQL, Git, AppCues, Jira, Salesforce Knowledge
- Experience working in agile development environments
Unless explicitly requested or approached by SS&C Technologies, Inc. or any of its affiliated companies, the company will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services.
SS&C offers excellent benefits including health, dental, 401k plan, tuition and professional development reimbursement plan.
SS&C Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.