Are you a strong leader with the ability to work well with cross-functional teams? Do you have strong customer service skills with the ability to build strong relationships? Do you have experience using JD Edwards or another ERP software system? Do you have excellent communication skills? Do you have strong attention to detail? If so, we want to hear from YOU!
For nearly a century, Wilbur-Ellis has experienced success and growth in marketing and distributing agricultural products and services. Join us and grow your career with a strong and profitable industry leader offering competitive compensation, tremendous growth and development opportunities, and a people-first work environment. Come grow with us!
General Purpose and Scope of Position:
This position acts as the key interface between the customer, the field sales team, and operations to ensure service excellence and customer satisfaction. The ideal candidate will enjoy assisting in all aspects of customer service including; but not limited to, order processing and inventory management. With the overall direction from the Agribusiness Branch Manager, this role will provide daily supervision to the office staff.
Key Skills and Abilities Include:
- High-level computer proficiency with intermediate level utilization of Microsoft Windows, Windows applications, and ERP order entry systems – JD Edwards practice and process training will be provided
- Excellent interpersonal and strong communication skills (verbal, written, and utilizing all media – phone, email, and text) for interaction with customers and fellow employees
- Ability to maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, and support resources
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple assignments
- Must be able to read, analyze and interpret written procedures, and reports
- Ability to learn detailed and specific procedures and processes and execute them accurately and efficiently
- Ability to respond professionally to common inquiries or complaints from other employees, customers, regulatory agencies, suppliers, etc.
- Ability to apply mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, and ratios to practical applications
- Ability to read, write, and speak the English language fluently
- Ability to sit at desk or computer terminal to perform writing, and keying/typing information
- Ability to lead and influence
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Key Personal Attributes Include:
- Present a professional image to customers through personal appearance
- High school diploma or equivalent – an Associates or a 4-year degree is a plus
- A constant commitment to teamwork
- Exemplary customer service focus
- Excellent attention to detail
- Mobility to move safely and freely across uneven terrain both indoors and outdoors safe
- Knowledge and/or experience with agricultural operations (preferred but not required)
- Versatile and flexible attitude with a willingness to help where and when needed
Specific Responsibilities and Key Deliverables Include:
- Respond to and ensure that all customer sales inquiries are responded to in a timely, accurate, and appropriate manner by office staff
- Assist with electronic order entry and processing of sales orders, shipping documents, and invoicing utilizing JD Edwards Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software
- Assist the Agribusiness Branch Manager and field sales staff with product use forecasting, sales reporting, and budget preparation
- Review all reports prepared in the department for accuracy and completeness
- Coordinate paper flow, record maintenance, and analyzing and improving systems
- Provide direction supervision of office staff to ensure smooth office operations in support of high-value customer service
- Provide coaching and feedback to employees as required throughout the year
- Ensure that all direct reports are properly trained in their necessary duties and suggest training to improve required job skills
- Assist with overall branch cleanliness
- Establish and maintain a communicative, coordinated, and cooperative relationship with all other departments within Wilbur-Ellis
- Conduct annual performance reviews with direct reports as part of an overall performance management plan
- Assist other office team members with administrative tasks at the direction of the Agribusiness Branch Manager
- Comply with all safety rules and regulations (including, but not limited to, Safety, Human Resources, Federal, State, and local statutes) while performing work assignments
- Adhere to all policies and procedures as specified in the Wilbur-Ellis company manuals and as directed in the Wilbur-Ellis employee handbook
- Perform all other duties as assigned in a professional and efficient manner
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary (to be determined based on experience or other factors)
- Comprehensive company benefits
If you are currently a Wilbur-Ellis employee, please notify your Manager prior to applying for this position. Thank you!
Wilbur-Ellis is a company you can be proud to call your employer
Wilbur-Ellis markets and distributes agricultural products, animal feed and specialty chemicals and food ingredients. A privately held and consistently profitable company, we employ more than 4,000 people throughout North America and Asia-Pacific.
Wilbur-Ellis is for and about people
Wilbur-Ellis has enjoyed over ninety-three years of success and growth, all thanks to our people. Our employees are both leaders and team players who thrive on creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and a dedication to quality work, our customers and each other.
Wilbur-Ellis invests in the industry’s best workforce
Wilbur-Ellis invests heavily in our employees by offering skill development and training, competitive compensation and benefits and a tradition of promoting from within for a broad range of career opportunities. And we foster a supportive, people-first work environment.
Customer Relationship Management