You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Compensation: $170000.00 to $210000.00 yearly
My client in the professional sports industry is seeking a Controller to lead all aspects of accounting and analytics for a segment of their organization. Reporting to the divisional President, this Controller position will have direct exposure to the industry and some of the driving forces behind their immense financial and social success. The organization offers a strong compensation package, that includes tremendous benefits and perks, in addition to the day-to-day setting. This role will be able to work primarily remotely, with quarterly/occasional meetings in the Washington, DC area.
- Advance Finance Department initiatives, such as software and systems implementation and other departmental or firm-wide improvements, as needed, with research, planning and implementation
- Manage the production of and monthly monitoring of the annual budget and forecasts
- Drive the timing for monthly billing and other cash management techniques to ensure the timely cash collection
- Guide all operations of the finance department, including accounts payable, billings & collections, and payroll
- Present monthly financial reports to executive committee and partners
- Capable of handling responsibilities beyond formal job duties
- Prepare cash-flow reports that project cash needs at weekly and monthly intervals, and handle daily cash management
- Reviews deliverables of self and team to ensure that they meet client expectations
- Work closely with executive team and partners to facilitate efficient and effective firm-wide operation
- Analyze, apply and improve policies, procedures, controls and most methodologies
- Responsible for month-end and year-end close of income statement and balance sheet, account reconciliations & G/L analysis
-Experience with licencing or royalties revenue streams, or other complex/unique revenue arrangements highly desired
-Experience in both for-profit and non-profit and/or union environments is ideal
-Experience with/exposure to any type of investment portfolio desired - including endowments and/or venture/PE investments
-Long-range capital/cash planning experience desired
- Demonstrated ability to build and deliver effective presentations to audiences with wide-ranging backgrounds
- Strong communication skills and able to receive criticism well
- Strong organizational skills and a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated analytical abilities, tendency to quickly connect dots and surmise logical outcomes
- Seizes opportunities to produce results without direct supervision
- Excellent attention to detail
- Prior experience in a public accounting environment is highly valued
- 10+ years of progressive accounting experience, including as a Controller preferred
- Ability to work in a dynamic and changing environment
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, Economics or other business related field
- CPA or MBA preferred
- Outstanding technology, analytics and management experience required
- Budget forecasting experience
- Perform Month-end experience desired
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Controller and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Controller for more information.
- Accounts Payable
- Attention To Detail
- Balance Sheet
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 04540-0012616263
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.