KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Job Title: Accounting Analyst
Job Description & Responsibilities
The Accounting Analyst supports the financial reporting and analysis processes. This role must deliver efficient, timely and accurate financial reporting in a harmonized manner, while ensuring that a robust internal control environment is maintained in accordance with Group Reporting Standards and International Financial Reporting Standards.
This role will be will be responsible for ensuring that the business transactions related to month-end close, forecasting and variance analysis are recorded/reported with integrity and transparency and in a timely and accurate manner.
- Analyze and prepare complex financial statements and reports, including the Group Financial Outlook (GFO) and Group Financial Results (GFR)
- Perform monthly and quarterly close processes and post-close reporting; perform variance analytics and forecasting/planning activities; Balance Sheet Integrity (BSI), and other related activities
- Interface and maintain connectivity with the businesses that are supported by financial processes delivered within the team
- Contribute to the delivery of financial processes in an efficient, timely and accurate manner
- Work with the various audit, tax and legal teams to provide key data
- Interact with the business to provide appropriate financial data and support on ad hoc projects
- Identify and implement continuous process improvements
- Share best practices within the team and with customers
Skills, Experiences, Knowledge
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance or Business related area Relevant Accounting experience in related area(s)
- Strong financial system skills with SAP, BW a plus and Microsoft applications especially Access and strong Excel skills. Strong understanding of how financial reporting and accounting processes function including system controls, financial controls and risk assessment
- Strong analytical skills in financial reporting and accounting with a solid understanding of control processes
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability and willingness to take initiative: proactively promote, implement and uphold the principles, aspirations and strategies of the department/business unit/company.
- Ability to identify process gaps and implement process improvements.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and networking skills; ability to interpret and clearly communicate information, best practices and lessons learned with internal and external parties; able to make strong impact and significant contributions to the business while giving sound advice
- Good business judgment in handling potentially sensitive business and people issues
- Flexibility and adaptability in handling change; ability to manage multiple competing or conflicting priorities with a strong track record of delivery
- Commitment to workplace safety