How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
The Sterile Processing Technician provides a key service WellStar to ensure equipment consistently meets the highest quality and safety standards. The individual in this role must be skilled in following protocols with a high level of attention to detail. This position receives and processes incoming supplies and equipment including performing cleaning and sterilizing duties. He she is responsible for handling, properly processing and storing crucial medical instruments. He/she is responsible for sterilizer equipment monitoring for adhearance to performance specificaltions, including inspection and documentation. He/she prepares packs of supplies, linens, and instruments in Central Sterile Supply or Materials Management as directed.
Required Minimum Education
- High school graduate or equivalent. Basic computer skills are required
- Graduate of an accredited sterile processing/central service curriculum desired
Required Minimum Certification
- Must have a current BLS card from the American Heart Assocication
CRCST - Certified Registered Central Service Technician (IAHCSM)
CSPDT - Certified Sterile Processing and Distribution Technician (CBSPD)
Required Minimum Experience
- Two years of central supply/sterile processing experience OR a graduate from an accredited sterile processing/central service program preferred
Required Minimum Skills
- Must be able to retain knowledge of identification and necessary handling requirements of surgical instruments and medical supplies and equipment
- Must be able to understand, speak, and write English well to communicate with the nursing, technical and medical staff
- Materials Management
- Basic Life Support