Position Title: HR Generalist - Recruiter
Location (Facility): Leland
Reports to (Position Title): Human Resources Manager
- Administration of HR policies for the facility’s hourly employees.
- Responsible for the hourly employee recruiting process, encompassing generation of candidates, resume evaluation and screening, interviewing, assessments, background checks and extending offer letters.
- Effectively use Victaulic’s ATS system, Jobvite, to recruit for all hourly positions while also using other forms of recruiting such as LinkedIn Recruiter, NCWorks, and various social media platforms. Attend local career fairs as requested.
- Proactively monitors and evaluates applicant pool and recalibrates sourcing strategy as needed.
- Researches, identifies, evaluates, and implements the use of effective diversity recruiting resources and strategies for attracting, hiring, and retaining candidates meeting hiring needs and business initiatives.
- Develops strong community partnerships in support of a unique workforce development program pipeline, including bench marking practices, capturing and evaluating retention metrics.
- Builds strong relationships with hiring managers to ensure hiring requirements are understood, anticipated, and effectively managed.
- Effectively use Victaulic’s HRIS system, Workday, to keep hourly employee’s information up to date in the system
- Responsible for administration of tuition reimbursement program for hourly employees and other HR programs as delegated.
- Serve as the point of contact for addressing HR related questions and concerns pertaining to ER.
- Assist in the planning and administration of all employee engagement events and activities.
- Assist in the planning and administration of all new hire orientations for hourly employees.
- Provide assistance to supervisors/managers regarding employee issues, disciplinary actions, policy administration, etc.
- Assist the Human Resource Manager with all government report preparation, as well as, all Victaulic’s Affirmative Action Plan, ensure compliance with any changes/updates, and coordinate record collection.
Qualifications (education, experience, skills, personal attributes):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or an HR related program.
- PHR or SHRM-CP certification desirable.
- Minimum of two years of experience in HR, with a focus on recruiting and employee relations.
- Demonstrates experience in working independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Experience in establishing a professional and technical credibility in building a positive working and partnership relationship even when faced with resistance.
- Ability to lead others, is self-motivated, works independently, and possesses strong time-management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Process oriented, possessing strong organization skills, and able to lead, evaluate, and manage ongoing projects.
- Proficient in the use of personal computers, Microsoft Office Suite, and other office systems.
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal employment law.
- Proficient with the use of technology to attract strong and diverse candidate pool.
- Ability to work off-shift hours to cover items that may arise on either 2nd or 3rd shift as needed.
Victaulic offers a wide variety of benefits to full time employees, such as: medical/Rx/dental/vision insurance, PTO, company paid holidays, company paid short-term disability, company paid long-term disability, educational reimbursement, adoption assistance, company paid EAP, 401k with company match and company paid life insurance.
**Sponsorship is not available for the position.**
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.