At CoreCivic, we do more than manage inmates, we care for people! CoreCivic is currently seeking an Investigator who has a passion for providing the highest quality care in an institutional security setting.
Who We Are:
- CoreCivic is the leading, national provider of high-quality, secured corrections and detention management services, providing effective programs that enhance public safety and prepare individuals for success after release.
- Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, with more than 70 security facilities nationwide, CoreCivic security employees are driven by a deep sense of service, high standards of professionalism and a responsibility to better the public good.
What We Have:
- More than just a job but the start of a successful career!
- Supportive environment where employee growth is promoted.
- Comprehensive benefits package & competitive wages.
- PTO & paid holidays.
- Paid job training & other great incentives.
What You Get To Do:
Change the lives of those in your care!
The Investigator is responsible for the supervision of all internal investigations within the facility as assigned by facility management, Facility Support Center management, or Legal Department.
- Conduct internal investigations of allegations of misconduct by staff, to include but no limited to contractors, consultants, and volunteers.
- Investigate grievances, facility incidents, policy violations and all felonies committed by inmates and/or staff.
- Serve as a liaison to contract partner and law enforcement agencies, and shares information, investigative findings and intelligence as required.
- Collect and/or supervise the collection and preservationÂ of evidence on a consistent level to preclude tampering and contamination.
- Secure and maintain all evidence in accordance with policy and procedure, and local rules of evidence.
- Respond to subpoenas and provides legal testimony in court proceedings or administrative hearings, when necessary.Â
- Graduate from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's degree is required.
- Two years of experience conducting investigations is required.Â
- Additional experience in corrections, law enforcement, probation and parole or investigations may be substituted for the required education on a year-for-year basis.Â
- Experience in Microsoft Office or other similar software applications is required.Â
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at leastÂ 21 years of age.
CoreCivic is a Drug Free Workplace & EOEâ M/F/Vets/Disabled.