Analytical Lab Corp, proud to be part of Element, is seeking a Microbiologist to work in a fast-paced environment directing laboratory-based studies evaluating antimicrobial products.
The Microbiologist (a) performs and evaluates microbiological efficacy testing; (b) assists in data and report generation while maintaining a high level of scientific integrity; and (c) assists with and designs research and development (R&D) projects when implementing new methods or adapting current methods.
Skills / Qualifications
- Performs, evaluates and interprets a wide range of microbiological assays including basic analytical titrations in accordance with SOP and protocols under the full guidance and direction of the Study Director
- Assists with the development of and performs, evaluates and interprets Research and Development (R&D) projects with the guidance of the Study Director and/or Manager, Microbiology Laboratory Operations
- Assists in implementing new methodologies with the guidance of the Study Director and/or Manager, Microbiology Laboratory Operations. Aids in report (data) generation as needed.
- Performs microorganism propagation, stock culture maintenance, daily culture transfers and organism preparations using aseptic technique
- Responsible for generating and maintaining strict documentation of raw data to ensure a high level of scientific integrity in accordance with regulatory requirements
- Assists with the monitoring, cleaning and decontaminating of laboratory equipment on a routine basis
- Performs testing and lab support in other laboratories as needed (virology, chemistry, medical device, media, etc.)
- Minimum BS/BA in microbiology, biology or related field
- Minimum 1-2 years/Preferred 3 – 5 years applicable of experience in a laboratory environment
- Experience with EPA and FDA Good Laboratory Practice Regulations (40 CFR Part 160 and 21 CFR Part 58)
- Knowledge of the principles of classical microbiology, including bacteriology, mycology, and microscopy
- Knowledge of general analytical procedures including chemical titrations
- Knowledge of laboratory techniques, equipment apparatus and terminology
- Ability to make complex mathematical computations, use statistical techniques in the treatment of data, and interpret and apply findings
- Able to use critical thinking, logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Able to plan, prioritize, coordinate, and manage own work in a fast-paced environment. Able to work unsupervised, make moderate level decisions independently, and solve problems effectively and creatively
- Able to display high levels of customer service, responding promptly and thoroughly to the inquiries and needs of individuals both internal and external to the organization, as applicable
At Element, we always take pride in putting our people first. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes diversity and inclusion as fundamental to our Vision of becoming “the world’s most trusted testing partner”.
All suitably qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective work related criteria and without regard for the following: race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, and/or protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the applicable governing laws.
Code Of Federal Regulations