To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Shelton, CT 06484
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Billing Analyst - Shelton, CT
UnitedHealth Group • Shelton, CT
Posted 17 days ago
Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
All of us have a short list of the things that make a job great. If your list includes being able to make a difference, count us in as your next place to work. UnitedHealth Group is a Fortune 5 leader in health care at a time when health care is evolving for everyone. Our billing teams are part of an important chain of events that impact the lives of our members in positive ways. Join this group and we'll have an impact on you. Apply now and discover the exceptional training, support and opportunities to grow that you'd expect from a Fortune 5 leader.
The Billing Analyst is responsible for all accounts receivable, cash flow, billing & eligibility internal / external questions. These functions include fielding inbound calls, conflict resolution making outbound calls to our customers and brokers ensuring strong cash flow and superior Days Sales Outstanding. This function is responsible for medical and ancillary product premium billing.
- The ability to recognize and identify billing discrepancies and inconsistencies and the ability to resolve these issues
- Reconciliation of outstanding balance accounts review
- To be able to manage a book of business on a continuous basis
- To be adaptive and agile in constant changing environment
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Excel, Access and Word
- Background in business statistics, analytics and process improvement
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 2+ years experience in Accounts Receivable or Billing environment
- 1+ years of work experience communicating with internal and external customers via phone or face to face
- Previous cash flow experience
- Previous experience working with Microsoft Excel (analyzing data on spreadsheets, creating pivot tables, using or creating Macros, using VLOOKUP and formulas (sum, SUMIF)
- Experience navigating databases in Microsoft Access
- Associate's Degree (or higher) in Business or Accounting
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of healthcare. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UHG, UnitedHealth Group, Billing, Representative, Shelton, CT, Analyst