To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Madison, WI 53703
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Kforce Finance and Accounting • Madison, WI
Posted 2 days ago
RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce has a client in Madison, Wisconsin (WI) who is seeking a Temporary Senior Accountant.
This Senior Accountant will work under the direction of the Controller by producing error-free accounting reports, present their results and analyzing financial information to assist summarizing the company's financial status. Our client needs an experienced Senior Accountant to oversee general accounting operations by controlling and verifying the financial transactions.
The Senior Accountant will have the responsibility of reconciling account balances and bank statements, maintaining general ledger and preparing month-end close procedures. A successful Senior Accountant combines excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyze financial reports and forecasts. The ideal candidate has also experience collaborating and/or managing a team of accountants and junior accountants.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Verify, allocate, post and reconcile accounts payable and receivable
- Spot errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures
- Assist in manage accounting assistants and clerks
- Participate in financial standards setting and in forecast process
- Prepare financial statements and produce budget according to schedule
- Assist with tax audits and tax returns
- Review staff's work
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Ensure compliance with GAAP principles
- Liaise with our Accounting Manager to improve financial procedure
- BS degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant
- Proven experience as a financial controller, accounting supervisor or senior accountant
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Awareness of business trends
- Familiar with financial accounting statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Hands-on experience with accounting software packages
- Advanced MS Excel skills including VLOOKUP's and pivot tables
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Relevant certification (e.g. CMA or CPA) will be preferred
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.