Applicants must obtain:
* Top Secret security clearance - TS/SCI
* CCNA Collaboration - or - CCNP certification
* 8 years of experience in computer systems and network engineering, including 2 years of specialized experience related to the below responsibilities.
* U.S. Citizenship
* Must have knowledge and hands-on experience with Cisco OSPF and BGP routing protocols
* Experience with network Operating Systems such as Cisco IOS and Cisco ASA, including Firepower.
* Must be able to communicate technical information to customers with varying skill levels
* Engineering enterprise data, voice and video networks
* Establishing and operating network test facilities
* Maintaining a secure transfer of data to multiple locations via internal and external networks
* Working with vendors, the Government, carriers, and technical staff on network implementation, optimization and ongoing management
* Providing high-level support and technical expertise in networking technology, including LAN/WAN hardware, switches, bridges and routers
* Analyze, design, install, configure, maintain, and repair network infrastructure and application components
* Configure and integrate network devices, firewalls, hubs, routers, and switches
* Provide direction and recommendations regarding network configurations and installations
* Assist in the design and development of complex multi-server environments based on VMware virtual servers
* Possess strong knowledge of the transactional flow-of TCP/IP based communications at all layers of the OSI model
* Have in-depth understanding of specific network communications techniques (DNS, IP Routing, HTTP, SNMP, VPN, Firewalls, Email Routing, Load Balancing, COOP redundancies, etc.)
* Provide technical support of network devices through analysis and troubleshooting tools and providing solutions.
* Provide ongoing network support to address availability issues, overcomes performance problems, and provides overall level 2 support
* Manage network performance, diagnoses performance problems and undertakes tuning activities to ensure network performance meets SLR requirements.
* Troubleshoot and resolve problems to ensure quality transmission service on the network
* Report on overall network performance including frequent problems, underlying issues and plans to improve network availability, performance and problem resolution. Qualifications
* Shift Schedule: M-F / 9:00am - 5:00pm
* Paid Holidays / Vacation
* Education / Training / Tuition / Certification Reimbursement
* Life Insurance / Disability
* Casual Dress / Atmosphere
* Flex-Time / Flexible Schedule
* Stock Purchase Plan
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call Phone number blocked - click to apply or email Email blocked - click to apply .com for other accommodation options.
Open Shortest Path First
Border Gateway Protocol
Local Area Networks