The CSI Companies is looking for Telephonic Registered Nurse to fill a temp to perm position with our Fortune 300 healthcare client.
The role is responsible for providing care 24/7 for health and well-being service where members are connected to clinical, wellness, through our phone lines by speaking with a registered nurse.
The expectation is for each nurse to have experience in nursing and to help drive better health outcomes. Call Center nurses are required to be a registered nurses who will provide guidance to members to help them find the Right Treatment, Right Provider, Right Medication and Right Lifestyle.
The role also includes:
- Answering questions about an illness or injury
- Providing support on managing a chronic condition or assessing treatment options
- Identifying UnitedHealth Premium providers and even scheduling appointments
- Coaching on medication adherence, drug interactions or medication alternatives
- Preventive care information and healthy lifestyle coaching
Registered nurses use a clinically sound approach through evidence-based clinical guidelines when interacting with members. Nurses have access to a “whole-person” view of the member’s health history at the time of the call, allowing them to address not only the immediate symptom, but a member’s total health status.
Integration with other programs helps drive higher referral rates across the continuum of care, including disease management, case management and wellness. Members are connected to health resources they need on a timely basis to deliver results to:
- Avoid Emergency Room (ER) visits for callers when it is not necessary to seek care in an ER.
- Enroll members into eligible Clinical programs to improve overall health
- Increase Member Satisfaction and provide positive experience to all callers
- Active RN encumbered nurse licensure
- Minimum of 3 year clinical experience in an acute care setting experience preferred
- Sound clinical judgment
- Demonstrated understanding of managed care concepts, Strong problem solving and decision making skills
- Strong departmental team player
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Personal computer skills include Microsoft Office
Registered Nurse Certified
Complex Problem Solving