ABOUT POET BIOPROCESSING
Our 28 Bioprocessing facilities produce over 1.9 billion gallons of ethanol, 5 million tons of Dakota Gold distillers grain animal feed and 600 million pounds of our Voila® corn oil. That’s a lot of product! In addition, we provide CO2 to the beverage industry and contribute to sustainable roadways. We also buy 650 million bushels of corn per year from local producers. It is our role at POET bioprocessing to ensure safe, efficient, and profitable operations at each facility. JOB SUMMARY
The Maintenance Technician I is responsible for the safe and efficient repair, preventative maintenance, and cleaning of all equipment associated with plant processes. Team members in this position will also perform maintenance tasks on all plant equipment. Maintenance Technicians are accountable for communicating any issues to the management team. Continuous plant operation may require the Maintenance Technician I to work 12-hour shifts and/or meet call-in requirements as needed.
DURING A TYPICAL DAY (IF THERE IS ONE), YOU WILL:
- Coordinate work functions with fellow team members and other departments within POET.
- Maintain boiler and cooling tower systems including water testing and adjusting.
- Maintain all plant equipment including, but not limited to: centrifuges, pumps, motors, gearboxes, minor electrical systems, PLC’s, heat exchangers, compressors, grain handling equipment, and fans or blowers.
- Work with the management team to solve problems and fix unsafe conditions.
- Use your knowledge of plant processes to understand how the equipment is utilized.
- Operate equipment including, but not limited to: telehandler, skid steers, tractors, ATVs, pay loaders, and fork lifts.
- Perform welding, cutting, and fabrication on plant and structural equipment.
- Be responsible for concrete work including building forms, pouring, and finishing.
- Keep your plant safe by fostering a culture of safe behavior and environmental compliance.
- Maintain a team environment at all times and champion POET in the community.
- Since we’re all about teamwork and getting the job done, your skill may be put to a lot of other uses!
CHARACTERISTICS OF A SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Secondary education and/or certifications beneficial.
- Experience with fabrication, welding, cutting; repair of equipment such as pumps, gearboxes, airlocks, fans/blowers, agitator assemblies, and valves; boiler operations and water chemistry; material handling systems such as conveyors; preventative maintenance practices, fabrication and repair of metal/plastic piping systems; and instrument and electrical work preferred.
- Experience with concrete work, hydraulics, pneumatic and fluid processes, and ability to read schematic drawings is helpful.
- Excellent organizational, time management, and communication skills as well as the ability to embrace change.
- You have the ability to understand technical and day to day operation of a bioprocessing facility.
- You know the basics of Microsoft Office Suite. You’re capable of learning new programs.
To review a complete job description click here.
POET is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. #choosebiofuels