To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Reston, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Michael Baker International • Reston, VA
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Sallyport is a global provider of a full spectrum of security and mission support solutions tailored to enable global security and stability operations. With over 3,000 employees, Sallyport offers a comprehensive range of global protective, security and mission support solutions to US Government, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of private and commercial clients. Sallyport’s mission is to enable global security and stability operations by offering the highest level of expertise, professionals and innovative solutions with unmatched quality and dedication to preserving safety, security and freedom in support of national and international security and nation-building objectives worldwide.
As a Purchasing Agent/Buyer (PA), the incumbent reports directly to the Vice President, Supply Chain Management. In this position, the Buyer develops, negotiates and administers purchase orders and acquisition aspects in new business proposals of low-mid dollar value, risk, creativity and complexity. include. The PA will be expected to maintain the highest ethical standard and conduct at all times.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create solicitations from customer solicitations after analyzing which requirements flow down from the prime contract.
- Analyzes and negotiates terms and conditions, specifications/statement of work, price, date of delivery and other contractual and licensing provisions with suppliers.
- Must have experience with various cost and price analysis techniques.
- Conducts negotiations with suppliers as required to ensure Sallyport receives best price at minimal risk.
- Tracks supplier performance and notifies line and functional management of performance issues.
- Acts as staff expert for company practices and policies and governing customer acquisition requirements for all procurement acquisition contract activities.
- Will provide advice and counsel to program/project managers and less experienced procurement staff, and will act as primary interface between program managers for supplier issues.
- Assist in the development and the implementation of long and short-range strategies to accomplish Sallyport objectives.
- Employee has latitude to make moderate adjustments commensurate with area of responsibility.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- May be required to travel to CONUS and/or OCONUS
- Minimum of 4-6 years of experience is also required. Experience should demonstrate a thorough understanding of Federal procurement regulations and administration.
- Thorough knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations, prime contract flow-downs,
- Excellent communication skills required and the ability to work with sensitive customers to achieve program success.
- Experience with Deltek Costpoint a plus.