The Child and Family Guidance Center provides comprehensive and collaborative outpatient mental health services to children, adolescents and their families throughout the San Fernando and Antelope Valleys.
We are seeking a full-time Therapeutic Behavioral Services Specialist to be responsible for assisting clients and caretakers in the client’s goal achievements, implementation of behavior and treatment plans, intervening therapeutically when a client is experiencing behavioral and emotional difficulties, and regular documentation of these services.
Who We Are and What We Believe In:
It is our hope that you look to the Child and Family Guidance Center as your “Employer of Choice”. We've been a leader in the community for more than 50 years and we welcome you to join our team of 400 dedicated mental health and administrative professionals in our journey to bring better health and well-being to our communities in the San Fernando and Antelope Valleys.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Great benefits
- Great learning opportunities
- Great supervision
- Supportive, friendly work environment
- An established, reputable, stable company
We envision a workplace where:
• everyone is treated with dignity and respect;
• commitment, accountability and leadership exist at all levels;
• everyone is encouraged to share their ideas, hopes, concerns and aspirations;
• we share in a culture of inclusion and transparency;
• we are committed to our own professional growth with openness and humility;
• we inspire and encourage one another through positive, future-focused coaching;
• we are committed to quality services and sound business practices;
• we are one interconnected team committed to achieving CFGC’s mission.
One Team … One Goal
The Child and Family Guidance Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes all.
Come Join Our Team!!!
Essential Job Functions:
• Responsible for providing intensive, behaviorally focused mental health services, through implementing the client’s individual treatment and behavioral plans within the Child and Family Guidance Center agency and other community partners.
• Provides high risk clients with behaviorally-based interventions, including skill building, problem-solving strategies, reinforcement (praise, feedback, & token economy), time-structuring activities, inappropriate response prevention, positive reinforcement, appropriate time out strategies, and/or cognitive behavioral approaches to reduce target behaviors.
• Collaborates with caregivers, teachers, treatment team members and other significant support persons in the client’s life to develop skills necessary to support client in goal achievement, through psycho-education, modeling, coaching and other behavioral therapeutic strategies.
Skills You Need:
• Bilingual in Spanish and English required.
• Experience working with children and families in a mental health or related setting.
• Ability to work in a warm and supportive manner with children who have behavioral, social emotional difficulties.
• Ability to work with interdisciplinary team, form and maintain professional relationships, and accept and utilize supervision from clinical staff.
• Monday through Friday (40 hours), possible weekends.
• Must be able to work flexible hours; early morning, afternoon, and/or late evenings
• BA/BS degree
• Minimum of two years mental health experience
Hardworking And Dedicated
Complex Problem Solving