You want to stay at the forefront of innovative technologies and contribute to the adoption of DevOps practices in a challenging, fast-paced, customer-oriented environment. You enjoy seeing the business impact of technology. After starting your questions with “What if we…”, you end your spiel with “What we can expect is…” and you help your teammates connect the dots. You are successful at ensuring maximum uptime for applications and services, and you follow security best practices and value efficient operations.
Then consider joining our team as a Senior Web Administrator to help our client, a large government scientific and medical research agency, by deploying, optimizing, and maintaining critical web applications on Linux and Windows based systems. This position is part of the Applications Hosting team in the Operations and Engineering Branch, which focuses on deploying and maintaining various different infrastructure services to support scientific research. We are looking for a creative, customer-focused individual to provide innovative approaches in a fast-paced environment. If you want to work with a dynamic group of dedicated, technical professionals on a collaborative team that supports a life-saving mission of global importance, we encourage you to apply.
The primary duties of the Senior Web Administrator are to manage our customers application hosting environment in on-premise datacenters and in the cloud as listed below.
- Configure and support the day-to-day application management tasks such as troubleshooting issues, deploying changes, installing and configuring new custom and third-party applications, remediating application security vulnerabilities, and optimizing performance settings
- Monitor the health of applications and respond to alerts such as services down, failed backup, slow response time, or no free space available on file systems
- Work closely with application owners and software engineers to identify requirements, plan, and implement projects such as installing new custom applications with web services, database components, dataset hosting, and load balancing.
- Automate day-to-day processes and create self-service capabilities to empower software developers and application owners to perform routine maintenance tasks such as renewing SSL certificates, changing service account passwords, and rebooting application servers
- Research and recommend innovative approaches for application hosting to modernize our customers hosting environment and speed up time to deliver
- Document day-to-day administrative processes and configuration information about our customers applications
After hours and weekend work may occasionally be required for pre-planned maintenance or troubleshooting for service-impacting outages.
Requires a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
5+ years of related experience, including 3+ years hands-on working experience in application management.
- Expert knowledge of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.x & 7.x
- Experience installing, maintaining, designing, and troubleshooting LAMP stack applications
- Experience in configuring and managing hardware load balanced applications using F5 BigIP, AWS ALB and ELB, or equivalent
- Experience in administering Security Certificates for web servers (creating, applying, troubleshooting) such as Tomcat, Apache, nginx, or equivalent
- Experience in hosting and configuring AWS services such as EC2, ECS, S3, Security Groups, IAM, Config, Parameter Store, Guard Duty, Cloud Watch or Cloud Trail for hosting custom applications.
- Experience with Drupal 7.x & 8.x on Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Experience installing, maintaining and troubleshooting MySQL, Postgres, and Aurora RDS
- Strong scripting experience (Python, Bash, Java, Ruby, Terraform/HCL, Powershell, or equivalent)
- Experience collaborating with software developers to design and implement application architecture
- Experience with PHP, Java, R, LDAP, SimpleSAML, Moodle, .Net, Tomcat, or JBOSS
- Experience with configuration management systems such as Puppet, Chef, or Anisble
- Knowledge of layer 3 networking technologies, switching, and routing
- Experience configuring CI/CD pipelines using GoCD, Jenkins, TFS, or equivalent
- Experience breaking down monolithic applications into microservices and Docker containers
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Amazon Web Services
Ruby On Rails