What This Position is All About
Under direction from the Assistant General Manager – Operations, the Asset Protection Manager is responsible for monitoring shortage results, shortage control, price changes, return to vendor transactions, receipt reconciliation, paperwork error control, investigations and apprehensions regarding internal and external theft, and implementation of store safety programs at an individual Saks Fifth Avenue location. Additionally, the Asset Protection Manager is responsible for recruiting, retaining and developing the Asset Protection staff and for training store associates on awareness and Asset protection policies and procedures.
Who You Are:
You Also Have:
Strong interpersonal skills who can gain ground without damaging relationships. Can be both direct but diplomatic and gain trust from others quickly
Strong problem-solving skills, analytical and creative thinker with proactive solution-oriented approach
You can inspire & motivate entire organizations; a people builder who’s focused on bringing the best performance & potential in others
As The Asset Protection Supervisor, You Will:
- Minimum 3 years asset protection experience, large volume retail environment preferred.
- Bachelor's degree is preferred: Wicklander-Zulawski Certification is considered a plus.
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Facilitate selling process through consistent adherence to policies and procedures that safeguard customers, associates and assets of the company.
- Drives asset protection awareness and training programs through store-wide communication, training, new hire orientation, safety and shortage meetings.
- Assumes a leadership role supporting the APM in the planning and execution of the annual physical inventory and reconciliation process.
- Ensures all physical security standards are maintained and adjustments are initiated timely.
- Assists the APM with scheduling, training, coaching and developing staff investigators with required technical skills needed to be successful in their role.
- Provides daily supervision and guidance to all investigators ensuring adherence to Saks Fifth Avenue apprehension and investigative guidelines, and any applicable local, state and federal laws.
- Performs AP operational audits and internal self-audits in sensitive areas when necessary or required.
- Consistently identifies and addresses internal and external theft exposures to achieve targets of investigative performance.
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.
- Complex Problem Solving
- Interpersonal Skills