About this role:
Wells Fargo Rail is seeking a Rail Operations Specialist (Railcar Mechanical Engineer) to join the team. Learn more about the career areas and lines of business at wellsfargojobs.com. In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for the inspection, maintenance, engineering, logistics, registration and other operational activities related to the company's railcar fleet, including managing the scrapping and storage processes for rail assets.
- Use your expertise to review fleet rail car maintenance programs to ensure compliance with various government regulatory, industry, and company standards, policies, and procedures.
- Participate in research and resolve customer issues regarding new or existing fleet assets, upgrades or modification programs, physical inspections, service and mechanical issues or deficiencies
- Identify opportunities to determine appropriate course of action and conduct investigative steps to fully identify the issues within defined scope of responsibilities
- Review and analyze basic operational challenges that require research and evaluation
- Ensure activities are carried out in compliance with Association of American Railroads Interchange Rules and Recommended Practices and internal company policies and procedures
- Consult regarding difficult and complex issues and determine appropriate course of remedial action
- Present recommendations for resolving customer and operational issues relating to railcar and fleet assets and exercise independent judgment while developing expertise in the functions, policies, procedures and compliance requirements
- Collaborate and consult with functional colleagues, internal partners and stakeholders, including internal and external customers to resolve and achieve goals
- 2+ years of Rail Operations experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
Job Expectations: We Value Diversity
- Mechanical Engineering degree
- Rail or transportation experience
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
- Customer Relationship Management
- Forklift Truck