As a part of OptumCare, the largest network of medical groups in the nation, MedExpress is seeking a Full Time Area Medical Director to join our team in Naples, FL. At Optum, we are transforming healthcare nationally while providing Physician-led care locally.
- In conjunction with Regional Medical Director and the Senior VP of Medical Operations; assist in the research, development, and writing or revising of new or existing policies, protocols, and practice guidelines related to patient care and medical provider employment
- Assist in the implementation of all MedExpress policies and procedures as they pertain to patient care and provider employment
- Organize, direct, and integrate practices to assure continued compliance with applicable State and Federal laws governing medical services
- Participate in site review by State, Federal, or other regulatory agencies
- Organize, direct, and integrate the medical arm of Operations with other departments within the MedExpress organization
- Maintain an effective working and interpersonal relationship with the medical colleagues, administrative personnel, hospital systems, and patients in order to achieve maximum operational effectiveness and customer satisfaction
- Lead broader team engagement and mediate professional disagreements
- Participate in MedExpress marketing activities
- Participate in recruiting, interviewing, and hiring processes
- Participate in patient satisfaction projects as developed by MedExpress
- In conjunction with the Area Managers, Regional Medical Director and Senior VP of Medical Operations, assists in developing and meeting budgetary goals
- Develop, oversee, and participate in projects that ensure the cost-effectiveness of care provided by medical providers and centers
- Attend local and national meetings and conferences to remain current regarding issues relevant to the performance of duties
What makes an OptumCare organization different?
- Providers are supported to practice at the peak of their license
- Patients are treated like family. We focus on helping patients get in, get healthy, and get back to what’s really important
- We are influencing change on a national scale while still maintaining the culture and community locally
- Competitive pay and well-deserved incentive bonuses
- CME reimbursement
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision
- 401k with matching
- Short and long term disability, company paid life insurance
- Company paid malpractice coverage
- Upward career growth and professional development
- Supportive and appreciative culture
Careers with MedExpress:
At MedExpress, we believe in delivering quality, convenient, affordable health care and exceeding our patients’ expectations. Our neighborhood medical centers are open every day from 8-8 with a full medical team and no appointments necessary to help patients get in, get healthy, and get back to what’s really important. We provide a broad scope of services including urgent care, basic wellness and prevention, and employer health services. As part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, we’re working together to help people live healthier lives and to help the health system work better for everyone. You can become part of our elite team almost anywhere with 250 MedExpress centers across the country and two administrative offices in Morgantown, WV and Pittsburgh, PA. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
- Board Certification in Family Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Internal Medicine, General Surgery or Pediatrics
- DOT certification (or ability to obtain within the first 60 days of employment)
- CPR/BLS certification (or willing to obtain prior to start)
- Unrestricted medical license
- DEA in at least one state in the coverage area for role prior to start
- 3+ years of working knowledge of HIPAA, OSHA, and State/Federal laws governing medical services
- Willing and able to assist at other locations
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- 3+ years of leadership, administrative, mediation, management, or supervisory experience in a clinical setting
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Computer literate in electronic mail, word processing, and office management system software
- Solid commitment to customer service and excellence in healthcare
- Clinical experience working as a Physician in emergency medicine, urgent care, ambulatory care, family medicine, or internal medicine setting
- Ability to remotely manage medical leaders across multiple state markets
- Commitment to driving business results and initiatives
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
If the hired individual resides in Florida (office based or telecommuting) this position requires the AHCA Level II background check (fingerprinting) by the State of Florida for all clinicians that have direct face to face contact with members OR employees who will have access to confidential patient data and will require renewal every five years.
At OptumCare, we’ve found that putting clinicians at the center of care is the best way to improve lives. Our physician-led organization is one of the most dynamic and progressive health care organizations in the world, serving over 17 million people through more than 45,000 aligned physicians and 9,000 advanced practice clinicians. You will find our team working in local clinics, surgery centers and urgent care centers, within care models focused on managing risk, higher quality outcomes and driving change through collaboration and innovation. Learn more at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Area Medical Director, MedExpress - Naples, FL
Would you thrive with OptumCare?
- Do you practice evidence-based medicine?
- Are you seeking a practice focused on patient-centered quality care, not volume?
- Are you a team player – comfortable delegating and empowering teams?
- Are you constantly seeking better ways to do things?
- Do you want to be part of something better?
Job Keywords: Area Medical Director, Family Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Internal Medicine, General Surgery or Pediatrics, Naples, FL, Florida