ServiceNow Business AnalystLocation:
6+ months with a probable extensionJOB DESCRIPTION:Client is looking for an experienced ServiceNow IT Business Analyst Required Skills
- IT Service Management
- ITIL Certification
IT ServiceNow Business Analyst is responsible for driving the future state usability of the ServiceNow platform leveraging ITSM.
Lead requirements gathering meetings with business users / application owners, and IT application teams. The ServiceNow Business Analyst possess sound foundational knowledge of the ServiceNow platform and applications, a detailed understanding of the business users represented, and the ability to describe business and user requirements in a manner that enables system administrators, application developers, and quality assurance engineers to understand, estimates relative effort, and deliver business functionality. Responsibilities
- The IT ServiceNow Business Analyst works with key customers to capture business and user requirements.
- Using strong ITSM process and system knowledge while documenting processes, defining and documenting functional requirements, conducting information flow analysis and process modeling within and across multiple business streams to meet the demands of the system deployment. Facilitate stakeholder approvals.
- Generate clear business/feature requirements documents (BRD/FRD), process modeling, and information flow documents. Translate into technical specifications use cases, user stories. Build LOE's and groomed backlogs for workable two-week sprints.
- Work with development, administration, support team to ensure requirements are understood, developed, tested, and delivered to specification.
- Builds and manages IT Service Catalog taxonomy and overall structure
- Performs service catalog configuration activities
- Drive buildout of ServiceNow ITSM and ITOM Modules; Incident management, Customer Service, Change management, Problem management, Service Catalog, User Administration, Reporting, Discovery.
- Leverage your familiarity of ServiceNow ITSM, ITOM configuration, administration, maintenance; User/Group/Role Management, List/Form Updates, Catalog Items/Service Portal, Workflows, Creating Tables and Fields, Discovery and Orchestration.
- Support the build out of the new ServiceNow ITSM/ITOM, GRC functionality on current instance with as much configurable out of the box functionality as possible.
- Perform business analysis on processes targeted for ServiceNow solutions. Analyzing current manual end user processes, defining future automated processes, performing a gap analysis to get from current state to future state, and deliver documentation comprising all the analysis including detailed requirements.
- Defining business aligned end-to-end IT services (or service modules) and mapping current end-user service requests to defined services.
- Translate technical complexities to project stakeholders, ensuring understanding of design decisions.
- Collaborating with business solutions team members, application development, enterprise architecture, data center, cloud system, Project Management Office to build, maintain, and improve ITSM systems.
- Coaching and training for ITSM stakeholders to ensure appropriate understanding of the IT Service Management system and the inter-relationships between Event Management, Configuration Management Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management and key IT processes.
- Prepare ServiceNow functional and technical documentation for enhancements and projects, and
- Establish and enforce Agile release commitments and timelines based on establishing LOE and priority and enhancement requests and scope of what is feasible to be included in each release
- Ability to perform hands-on configuration and development on the ServiceNow platform
- Test and facilitate User Acceptance Testing (UAT) activities.
- Experience with ServiceNow implementation in Incident, Problem, Change and Knowledge Management, with recent skills working in IT Operations Management (CMDB, Event Management, Discovery)
- Advanced knowledge of identifying and documenting business and technical requirements – BRD, FRD, Tech Specs, data flow diagrams – Visio, XLS. Leading Requirements JAD sessions.
- Experience with data profiling tools and processes – SQL queries, selects, joins, excel.
- Agile, SCRUM, SAFe experience – sprints, user stories, LOE, backlog grooming, daily standups.
- Outstanding communication skills – verbal, written – can smoothly navigate meetings with executives, PMO, Business app owners, tech teams, etc. Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Knowledge and use of MS Office and Visio, and skills to use them effectively
- ServiceNow modules (e.g. Demand Management, Orchestration, Discovery, ServiceWatch, etc.) a huge plus
- ServiceNow GRC (or other GRC) implementation experience a major plus.
- ITIL v3 Foundation Certified
Be a part of the ConsultNet difference. As a leading national provider of IT staffing and solutions, ConsultNet delivers exceptional services to startup, midmarket and Fortune 1000 companies across North America. Since 1996, we've partnered with clients to create rewarding opportunities for our consultants, successfully building teams that have surefire results.
In the past two years alone, we have placed more than 1,500 consultants in contract, contract-to-hire, or direct placement opportunities. We understand communication is key to finding the right job that matches your skills and career goals. For us, it's not just the work that we do; it's how we do the work. Our breadth of offerings extends to multiple IT positions in major markets throughout the country, see more at URL blocked - click to apply