To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Miami, FL
- Mercantil Commercebank
- Phone: (305) 629-5709
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
FIU Special Monitoring Analyst II
Mercantil Bank • Miami, FL
Posted 25 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
FIU Special Monitoring Analyst II
The FIU Special Investigations Monitoring Analyst I conducts comprehensive research on the Bank's affiliate's, correspondent banks, risky transactional behavior's and related parties' accounts to ensure compliance with Bank Secrecy Act, USA Patriot Act, and MCB Policies and Procedures, and determine whether suspicious activity may exist.
- Conduct due diligence and enhanced due diligence reviews of accounts/customer in the Special Monitoring unit (i.e. Affiliates, Correspondent Banks, Broker Dealers, etc.) as needed to ensure that the bank's policy and procedures are being followed.
- Analyze highly complex offshore corporate structures and/or other high risk accounts for irregular transaction behavior. Render conclusion of analyses and account disposition as well as recommendations to file SARs. Provide recommendation for account closures as necessary.
- Proficient in analysis techniques, identification of suspicious activity, documentation of findings, including knowledge of completing comprehensive Suspicious Activity Reports.
- Send requests for information to account officers when required in order to assess more clearly an unusual activity occurring in an account. Request's must be sent in a clear and concise manner and followed-up as per department procedures and time-frames.
- Maintain accurate tracking of assignments and requests for documentation to ensure proper tracking of deadlines, as well as following up of pending items in a timely manner.
- Able to carry out to completion of high risk account reviews with minimal supervision.
- Able to produce top quality investigative cases that can be held to high standards of quality and accuracy.
- Able to work in a highly dynamic and fast paced environment.
- Assist the Special Monitoring Supervisor and FIU Manager during regulatory exams and/or special projects as necessary.
Functional Skills & Knowledge Requirements:
Excellent written and verbal skills. Working knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act and US Patriot Act Title III. Bilingual (English/Spanish) is required.
Minimum Education and/or Certifications Requirements:
Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Business Administration, or Economics preferred. ACAMS or CRCM certification preferred.
Minimum Work Experience Requirements:
Minimum five years' experience in BSA Compliance with an emphasis in conducting reviews on high risk transactional behaviors, customer onboarding program and high risk customer program. International banking experience preferred.
Technical and/or Other Essential Knowledge:
Extensive knowledge of BSA and AML laws and regulations, including the Bank Secrecy Act, the USA Patriot Act, and OFAC requirements, enhanced due diligence matters and knowledge of financial fraud and applicable federal and state laws.
Experience in BSA investigations; BSA, AML and OFAC software applications, databases, data trend analysis, s as well as overall process improvements.
High attention to detail with strong analytical, problem solving and logical reasoning.
Knowledge of consumer, corporate and correspondent banking (domestic and international) products and services preferred.
Physical Demands: 80% of the work performed is in an air-conditioned office environment at a desk with the use of a computer. The remaining 20% are spent in external functions, internal meetings, and outside training