The Planner is responsible to implement, monitor, measure and report production schedules to assure that matched sets of materials and capacities are available to meet the needs of customers and that production schedules are met. This includes management of all planning and production execution data including the creation of work orders, identification and management of priorities, capacity constraints, production monitoring, etc.Relationships:Direct Supervisor: Planning Manager Functional Reporting: None
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
-Implements an effective and appropriate capacity management and production monitoring system.
- Maintains all MRP planning and scheduling parameters for all 'make ' items.
- Analyzes planned order reports and provides timely release of production work orders specified by the Production Plan.
- Interfaces with production teams and procurement specialists to prioritize the most critical items.
- Identifies and brings to resolution any production demand/supply imbalances in both volume and mix.
- Provides daily guidance and information to the product line team regarding status of production schedules.
- Prepares and communicates shortage and backlog reports, and provides visibility of other potential interruptions to the Planning Manager
- Monitors production progress against scheduling needs and intervenes as necessary to bring deliveries back into compliance with production schedules.
- Identifies and reports opportunities and implements actions continually to reduce waste shorten lead times, reduce costs, etc.
- Reports all scheduling, capacity, and production tracking data, statistics and metrics as defined by the Master Schedule policy.
Previous Experience and Competencies:
- Business Administration, Engineering, Finance or related field Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum preferred two years' experience in a Supply Chain, Manufacturing, or Finance role. Advanced level understanding of ERP software systems.SAP Experience a must
Additional Job Details:
Nesco Resource is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.
Material Requirements Planning