SGS is looking for a bright and energetic sales engineer to add toour growing sales team in our transportation testing laboratory in Troy, MI.
This is a great growth opportunity for the right person. If you are a degreed engineer, have excellentinter-personal and communication skills, a passion for customer service, experiencein automotive engineering and a desire to learn more about automotive testingand helping grow our business, this position may be for you.
As a sales engineer, you will perform a variety of duties aimed atmanaging current client relationships, as well as developing new business fromexisting clients.
These duties include;
• Learnthe technical aspects of our testing services
• Communicatingand interacting directly with clients (in person and through phone and email)
• Timelyresponse to questions and inquiries
• Manageexpectations and delivering a positive customer experience
• Pursueeach outstanding client need (open quotations, service requests, etc.) until closed
• Gatherrequirements in order to gain an understanding of needs
• Preparetechnical proposals
• Analyzeresults, prepare and deliver test reports
• Maintainquote and order levels
• Createand facilitate client presentations and site tours
• Assistwith test plans, schedules, communications and proposal / contractdocumentation
• Maintaininformation in sales database (CRM)
• Leveragerelationships to identify additional service needs
• Participatein regularly scheduled sales and operations meetings
• Clientresearch and networking
• Attend/participatein industry events/meetings and trade shows
• Establishgood rapport and build relationships with peers
• Workwith diverse and dispersed teams (engineering, operations, sales, clients)
• At alltimes, comply with SGS Code of Integrity and Professional Conduct
• Self-motivatedand the ability to work independently in a fast-paced, multi-taskingenvironment with shifting priorities
• Detailoriented with strong organization and follow-up skills
• Problemsolving skills
• Possessexcellent oral communication and presentation skills
• Creativethinking skills to develop innovative solutions to solve customer requirementsand expectation within project deadlines
• Able toconsistently compose written communications without spelling and grammarmistakes
• Computerliterate (creating, filing, saving/uploading, searching, backup, web searching,etc.)
• Proficientin Microsoft Office suite of products
• Abilityto travel to client and SGS locations (primarily in Midwest - approximately 10-20%)Education / Experience:
• Degreein an applicable Technical/Engineering discipline or demonstrated experience /professional equivalent.
• 2-5years’ relevant technical experience, includes; experience in manufacturing, testing,technology or product developmentReporting to:
Attractive compensation package includes benefits,base salary and commission or on target performance bonus. Additional Information:
• Toperform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform eachessential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. Therequirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/orability required.
• Thisjob description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties,responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothingcontained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign dutiesand responsibilities to this job at any time.
SGS is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regardto their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran statusor disability.