As a Sr. Contract Negotiator, you must be highly organized and detail-oriented, with strong analytical, problem solving, prioritization and negotiation skills. You should also be able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, both independently and as part of a team. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and clients.
Specific qualifications for the role include:
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in related or applicable field, or HS Diploma (or GED) and four (4) years' experience related to network development
- Minimum 5 years experience in provider contracting and network development (including contracting experience with a combination of physicians, physician groups and hospitals), or equivalent provider/payer experience, successfully negotiating complex financial rate structures and contract language
- Knowledge and understanding of provider finance components including budget, charge structure, reimbursement formulas and healthcare finance
- Knowledge of provider organizations and operations applicable to assigned focus
- Knowledge of the provider community as a whole in the market areas including an understanding how the complex interrelationships between hospitals, physicians, ancillaries, etc., work together as an entire system and the ability to apply these components as leverage during negotiations as appropriate
- Knowledge of MultiPlan's integrated business model and its relationship to the Company's clients and participating providers
- Communication (written, verbal and listening), business acumen, analytical, negotiation, organization, strategic, multitasking, and prioritization skills
- Ability to demonstrate successful negotiations by possessing skills necessary to strategize, construct and negotiate complex financial rate structures and contract language.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple competing priorities.
- Ability to effectively negotiate rate structures and contract language that is compatible with the Company's business model while limiting risk to the Company and its clients
- Ability to minimize non-standard language by thoroughly understanding our contracts is a must.
- Ability to elicit trust and credibility with all levels of the organization
- Ability to work comfortably and routinely as part of a team and to cooperate across organizational boundaries
- Ability to build relationships with internal and external customers
- Ability to use computer software, hardware, and peripherals applicable to role
- Ability to understand and apply contract language of the Company and of the customers in order to minimize non-standard language changes
- Ability to understand relationships and structures of providers and competitors
- Ability to be comfortable with and to manage in-person client interface
- Ability to effectively communicate the MultiPlan Value Proposition.
- Up to 50% travel within assigned geographic area or region
As a Sr. Contract Negotiator with MultiPlan, you will be part of an organization with a proud 30-year legacy of experience and growth. We realize that our employees are instrumental to our success, and we reward them accordingly with very competitive compensation and benefits packages, an incentive bonus program, as well as recognition and awards programs. Our work environment is friendly and supportive, and we offer flexible schedules whenever possible, as well as a wide range of live and web-based professional development and educational programs to prepare you for advancement opportunities.
Your benefits will include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance
- Optional and dependent life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Paid time off
- Paid company holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- Summer Hours
Opportunity. Recognition. Satisfaction. Grow your career with MultiPlan!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, MultiPlan will provide equal consideration to all employees and job candidates without regard to sex, age, race, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, service in the Armed Forces of the United States, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.