To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Washington, DC
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
CoStar Group • Washington, DC
Posted 15 days ago
CoStar is seeking a seasoned journalist to break news and deliver lively features on the commercial real estate market in the Washington D.C. metropolitan area.
CoStar has served as a respected source of news for the commercial real estate industry for more than two decades. Our award-winning coverage informs subscribers and complements CoStar’s role as the industry’s leading source of commercial real estate information and data. Fortune Magazine recently named CoStar Group one of the top 100 fastest-growing companies in the world.
CoStar is now expanding our news platform by adding positions and resources to take our news service to the next level. As the Washington, D.C. reporter working out of CoStar's downtown headquarters, you will be responsible for chronicling the changing face of the nation's capital and its surrounding suburbs. Whole swaths of the region are undergoing dramatic change, and you'll have a front row seat to document such once-In-a-generation developments as Amazon's move to set up part of its HQ2 in Northern Virginia. This is a great opportunity for an experienced, digitally-oriented journalist to make a mark on a high-profile beat. Previous reporting experience covering commercial real estate is a definite advantage.
• Demonstrate an ability to break news and produce engaging features and trend stories for a commercial real estate audience.
• Cultivate and manage a bench of knowledgeable sources and expert contributors.
• Attend major industry events and plan and manage special event coverage
• Follow generally accepted journalism ethics and standards to report the facts, including a commitment to truth, accuracy, fairness and impartiality.
• Use traffic and social media data to gain a better understanding of the news our readers are most interested in to help shape future coverage.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Proven journalist with experience reporting and writing for a daily publication.
• Results oriented – with proven ability to prioritize, drive and achieve results through self and others while working to deadlines under pressure.
• Candidates should be comfortable in digital media, with a creative flair for images and other visual content to accompany their reports.
• B2B media experience preferred.
• Excellent web headline and copywriting skills, with a command of AP Style and a knowledge of SEO best practices.
• Ability to work within a team collaborative environment and manage both up and down management chain.
• Basic knowledge of HTML and social media.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher required; ideally in journalism, communications, or a related discipline.
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing