BGIS is currently seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to join the team as a member of our growing team.
The key responsibilities related to financial planning, analysis and forecasting of the business operational activities. The candidate should have a background in Finance and/or Accounting and have a strong desire to learn and grow within our fast-paced, growth-oriented company. Individuals applying should strive in a dynamic, changing environment and demonstrate flexibility, as needed, with respect to responsibilities. This position requires a self-starter who can support multiple ongoing tasks through completion, with attention to detail and accuracy. The role directly reports to the division Finance Controller and interfaces across Business/Project Management, Project Coordinators and the Operations teams.
- Assist in accurate month-end reporting and close activities which would include insightful and detailed variance explanation to forecasts and plan.
- Manage and update monthly P&L forecasts while providing mid-month attainability assessment
- Requires very strong financial analysis, communication, and interpersonal skills with an internal drive to solve problems
- Identify and implement continuous, innovative improvements to enhance overall efficiency
- Provide ad-hoc financial support and financial projections for finance and operational management on an as-needed basis.
- Own financial modelling, including ensuring inputs are current and accurate, updating operational and financing inputs, communicating and agreeing on financial models with key stakeholders
- Solve problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of complex factors
- Develop and generate clear and concise reports
- Participate in the development and implementation of new reporting tools and administer those tools going forward, as needed
- Perform weekly, monthly, and quarterly financial analyses on the key metrics (proposals, orders, margins, etc…) to ensure the business is tracking as expected
- Actively support key policies, procedures, functions in the Accounting and Finance department to drive overall SOX compliance
- Strong understanding and ability to demonstrate principles and techniques of General Accepted Accounting Principles (“GAAP"), financial reporting, forecasting and analysis
- Strong understanding and ability to facilitate internal auditing procedures
- Performs other related activities as needed to support corporate objectives
- Bachelor’s degree – Finance or Accounting
- 3+ years of experience preferred
- Strong analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while handling competing priorities and deadlines
- Ability to interface with various levels of management
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite – Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word; working knowledge of SharePoint preferred.
- Prior experience with Quickbooks and Oracle preferred
- Willingness to be very hands-on with data
- Experience with financial modeling and advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Ability to take ownership over tasks proactively
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail to ensure accuracy and quality
- Adaptability and flexibility to manage deadline pressure, ambiguity and change
- Must possess strong quantitative and analytical skills combined with solid business and financial acumen
- High energy level; strong work ethic
- Self-driven, independent thinker
- Results-oriented, decisive
Our company culture includes a robust mix of sound business practices and employee initiatives that promote personal and professional development, work/life balance, health and wellness and community involvement.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. We believe every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, or Veteran or military status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by local, state or federal law in the relevant jurisdiction. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment, and training.
BGIS is committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within BGIS who have always been the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational excellence.
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment Opportunity should contact their direct supervisor or the Human Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind.