Are you an excellent communicator? Are you a curious or investigative person? Do you lead with confidence & embrace resilience? If so, we want to hear from you!
CTR is looking for sharp, ambitious, and enthusiastic Instrumentation Technician to join our team! The Instrumentation position is a key element in the design/test/development process. The major responsibilities include setting up and participating in a variety of highly technical engineering tests. This position requires competence in data collection, test execution and maintaining, calibrating and applying instrumentation. Incumbents will assist in the organization, planning, and analysis of test results. This position requires good manual dexterity, the ability to lift a motorcycle upright from a parked position, and the ability to install a motorcycle on a lift table. At times prototype parts are used so confidentiality is a must. This position is located at a Harley-Davidson testing facility in Yucca, AZ.
Instrumentation: The incumbent will be required to prepare, maintain, and install transducers, strain gauges, accelerometers, and other data acquisition equipment per engineering work orders. The incumbent will be required to remove this equipment at the completion of testing.
Observation/Reporting: This position will assist in the organization and analysis of test results following ISO procedures and protocols.
Technical Skills Required
- Minimum of Associate degree in Electronic, electrical, mechanical, technology, or equivalent military training or suitable experience. A minimum of two years' experience will be required with an associate degree, seven years applicable experience without a degree.
- Knowledge of instrumentation transducers (accelerometers, thermocouples, strain gauges etc.) and related calibration processes.
- Skilled at soldering, wiring techniques, instrumentation setup.
- Understanding of vehicle dynamics/handling.
- Experience using dynamic and static test instrumentation and their calibration.
- Knowledge of motorcycles, component systems and a familiarity with test methodology.
- Computer skills with basic competence in spreadsheets, word processing, electronic mail, and elementary digital / analog data acquisition skills.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, data graphs, schematics, and instrumentation (scopes, gauges, spectrum analyzers, etc.).
- Ability to effectively communicate technical information in writing.
Behavioral Skills Required
- Work ethic (focus, commitment to task, attention to detail, responsible, consistent, etc.)
- Effective conflict management
- Testing of new models including prototypes requires absolute confidentiality around all work activity.
- Seeks clarity and negotiates tactfully in situations with ambiguity
- Communicates clearly and objectively
- Interpersonal skills (open minded, respectful, etc.)
- Upholds company values
- Team player
- Follows proper procedures and policies
Other jobs Titles - Instrumentation technician; Vehicle Dynamics Technician; Calibration Technician; Vehicle Test Technician; Engineering Technician
- Attention To Detail
- Conflict Management
- Data Collection