Holly Energy Partners located in Artesia, NM is seeking a Pipeline Controller – In Training. The Pipelien Controller – In Training will be responsible for learning the skills necessary to monitor and schedule shipments, maintain Pipeline quality and quantity controls, ensure safe, compliant, and effective practices at all times, follow Company procedures under close and frequent supervision.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: (functions considered essential as defined by ADA)
- Assists with monitoring and maintaining around the clock controls on the incoming crude and on the refined product shipments on various pipelines
- Assists in monitoring system loads and assists in controlling system flow directly or through local staff to maintain effective flow within scheduled requirements, revising as necessary to allow for unforeseen events
- Assists in responding to equipment and power failures by re-routing or re-scheduling flows
- Assists with balancing the pipelines based on purchases and shipments
- Liaises regularly with other company and non-company facilities during operations or maintenance activities
- Assists with overseeing “dig test” one call system, monitoring one calls, and dispatching to the location as needed
Special assignments or tasks assigned to the employee by their manager, as determined from time to time in their sole and complete discretion
A minimum of five years of general work experience or may substitute experience for a two year technical degree (Associate’s Degree in a technical field)
Experience as a machine operator in manufacturing, pipeline controller, or field technician is preferred
A minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent is required.
PREFERRED EDUCATIONAL LEVEL:
Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field
Must complete all required certifications, tests, and training to know and become competent in the Company’s tasks and duties of a qualified pipeline controller under direct supervision while completing classroom and CBT training and expectations within a six month period. The ability to perform mathematical calculations at a basiclevel and computer skills, mechanically inclined; entry knowledge, understanding and ability to comply with all Federal, State, Local, and Company regulations, policies, procedures and guidelines. Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment and integrate new processes quickly and efficiently and follow instructions; self-motivated and ability to make quick decisions as needed. Ability to read and write and the ability to effectively communicate with others, both written and verbal communication skills..
Pipeline control room based. Must be available to work a flexible schedule (e.g., overtime, weekends, and holiday, rotating shifts).
Job conditions require sitting, talking, hearing, making visual inspections and making precise hand & finger movements. Job conditions may require standing, walking, reaching, grasping, and the ability to operate and drive all assigned company vehicles at company standard insurance rates, and valid State driver’s license and proof of insurance required.
ENVIROMENTAL, HEALTH, & SAFTEY RESPONSIBILITES:
Our primary values at HollyFrontier are: We put health and safety first; We care about the environment.
All HollyFrontier employees are expected to work safely every day and be safety & environmental leaders. This includes active participation in the following:
- Stops and/or reports any unsafe work or conditions
- Follows safety & environmental policies and procedures
- Supports safety & environmental goals and initiatives
- Participates in safety & environmental meetings, training, emergency drills and hazard recognition programs
- Reports all accidents, injuries and near misses, and participates in associated investigations
- Participates in industrial hygiene, medical surveillance and behavior based safety programs
HollyFrontier Corporation, headquartered in Dallas, Texas, is an independent petroleum refiner and marketer that produces high value light products such as gasoline, diesel fuel, jet fuel and other specialty products. HollyFrontier operates through its subsidiaries a 135,000 barrels per stream day ("bpsd") refinery located in El Dorado, Kansas, a 125,000 bpsd refinery in Tulsa, Oklahoma, a 100,000 bpsd refinery located in Artesia, New Mexico, a 52,000 bpsd refinery located in Cheyenne, Wyoming and a 45,000 bpsd refinery in Woods Cross, Utah. HollyFrontier markets its refined products principally in the Southwest U.S., the Rocky Mountains extending into the Pacific Northwest and in other neighboring Plains states. In addition, HollyFrontier, through its subsidiary, owns Petro-Canada Lubricants Inc. whose Mississauga, Ontario facility produces 15,600 barrels per day of base oils and other specialized lubricant products, and also owns a 57% limited partner interest and a non-economic general partner interest in Holly Energy Partners, L.P.Join HollyFrontier where you have the opportunity to develop and own your career!
Holly Energy Partners, L.P., headquartered in Dallas, Texas, provides petroleum product and crude oil transportation, terminalling, storage and throughput services to the petroleum industry, including HollyFrontier Corporation subsidiaries. The Partnership, through its subsidiaries and joint ventures, owns and/or operates petroleum product and crude gathering pipelines, tankage and terminals in Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Washington, Idaho, Oklahoma, Utah, Nevada, Wyoming and Kansas as well as refinery processing units in Kansas and Utah.
Join Holly Energy Partners where you have the opportunity to develop and own your career!
HollyFrontier Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other prohibited ground of discrimination.
Use Hand Tool