Company Name: Quality Food Centers
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Essential Job Functions:
* Meat & Seafood Clerk cuts meat and seafood to customer's requests using proper cutting equipment.
* Recommend meat and seafood items to customers to ensure they get the products they want and need.
* Offer product samples to help customers discover new items or products they inquire about.
* Meat & Seafood Clerk informs customers of meat and seafood specials
* Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important, and appreciated by answering questions regarding products sold within the department and throughout the store.
* Gain and maintain knowledge of products sold within the department and be able to respond to questions and make suggestions about products.
* Meat & Seafood Clerk provides customers with fresh/frozen products that they have ordered and the correct portion size (or as close as possible to the amount ordered) to prevent shrink.
* Use all equipment in seafood and meat department such as the refrigerators, freezers, knives, and ovens according to company guidelines.
* Check product quality to ensure freshness. Review "sell by" dates and take appropriate action.
* Properly use kitchen equipment, stove, computerized scale, fryer, steamer, robot coupe
* Adequately prepare, package, label, and inventory ingredients.
* Label, stock, and inventory department merchandise.
* Ensure country of origin labels are correct for all products.
* Report product ordering/shipping discrepancies to the department manager.
* Stay current with present, future, seasonal and special ads.
* Prepare food to company standards.
* Adhere to all food safety regulations and guidelines.
* Ensure proper temperatures in cases and coolers are maintained and temperature logs are maintained.
* Practice preventive maintenance by properly inspecting equipment and notify appropriate department or store manager of any items in need of repair.
* Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures and identify unsafe conditions and notify store management.
* Promote trust and respect among associates.
* Display a positive attitude.
* Notify management of customer or employee accidents.
* Report all safety risk, or issues, and illegal activity, including: robbery, theft or fraud.
* Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Desired Previous Job Experience:
* Meat AND/OR Seafood experience
* Retail experience
Minimum Position Qualifications:
* Customer Service experience
* Ability to handle stressful situations
* Effective communication skills
* Knowledge of basic math (counting, addition, and subtraction)
* Ability to obtain current food handlers permit once employed
* Possess adequate knife handling skills and knife speed
Create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional service. Establish and maintain a safe and clean environment that encourages our customers to return. Assist the department manager in reaching sales and profit goals established for the department and monitor all established quality assurance standards. Embrace the Customer 1st strategy and encourage associates to deliver excellent customer service. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion, and safety of others.
Education Level: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Part-Time
Shift(s): Day; Evening
Jobs at QFC: QFC is seeking friendly Associates who are passionate about helping others and who want to build lasting relationships with our Customers. We look for hard working team members who will support us in our mission to put every Customer first. We offer competitive wages and benefits, and opportunities for career advancement. If you're interested in joining the QFC team, we encourage you to complete an online application today.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of banner names. At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: WA || Sammamish || 2902 228Th Ave Se || 98075 || Quality Food Centers || [[mfield2]] || Customer Service; Store Operations || Employee || Non-Exempt || Part-Time || None
- Customer Experience
- Customer Service
- Food Safety