Ameris Bank is a high-performing community bank providing an exceptional customer experience with well trained, empowered employees. At Ameris, we look outside conventional wisdom and processes to find new answers. This means cutting red tape, empowering our people to make decisions at the local level and creating clear paths and easy touchpoints. We represent energy and passion, a steady strength that is bold and assertive, creativity in thinking and problem solving, a scrappy determination and nimble approach to getting things done, a good natured, genuine and approachable way of serving each other and our customers. We look forward to the future, and what this means for you, if you join our team.
The Business Banker I sets business development strategy and executes sales production efforts to acquire new commercial and consumer business within the market area. The position makes sales calls and visits to business customers, high net worth individuals and prospects to understand the client needs, customize solutions that will benefit the customer and meet loan, deposit and service needs. The Business Banker I is responsible for attainment of deposit and loan growth objectives, services a moderately-sized customer portfolio and market, and demonstrates the Ameris Vision, Purpose, Expectations and Values.
Essential Functions, Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strictly adheres to Bank Secrecy Act requirements and applies organizational policies and procedures in all activities.
- Maintains the quality, profitability and growth of business and consumer products through appropriate pricing and fees.
- Demonstrates effective sales strategies to attract, expand and retain customer relationships.
- Applies need-based sales techniques to attract, expand, and retain customer relationships by identifying products and services to enhance the customer relationship with the bank.
- Sets business development strategy for assigned market; identifies opportunities and makes sales calls to existing clients and prospects.
- Maintains and services a portfolio of $10M or more in deposits with emphasis on acquisition of low cost deposits meeting bank objectives.
- Maintains and services a portfolio of $20M or more in loans which meet margin and revenue objectives.
- Thoroughly collects and analyzes customer and prospect financials to assess viability.
- Reviews loan applications, tax returns, income statements, bank statements and other relevant data to determine actual cash flow and perform ongoing credit grade determinations within policy guidelines.
- Facilitates loan approval processes; prepares and delivers documents and presentations for the Officer Loan Committee for loan approval.
- Oversees ongoing quality control for a portfolio by executing proper documentation, compliance and collection efforts.
- Maintains knowledge of banking products, programs, services and promotions.
- Responsible for achievement of market objectives as set by Bank leadership.
- Uses Customer Relationship Management systems to track sales efforts and prospects.
- Ensures compliance with internal controls, operational procedures and risk management policies.
- Represents the Bank in business development efforts and at networking and community functions.
- Develops partnerships and collaborates with other lines of business to attain mutual goals and better serve customers.
- Practices ethical sales behaviors in accordance with Ameris’ core values of Integrity and Honesty; always acts in the best interest of the customer when offering additional products and services.
- Deposit Acceptance Limit: $500,000
- Wiring, Official Check Issuing & Check Cashing Limit: $250,000
Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to analyze markets, identify prospects, develop and execute consultative, value-added sales techniques and strategies.
- Ability to meet and exceed established targets.
- Ability to negotiate, drive consensus, maintain collaborative relationships, manage and resolve conflict.
- Ability to effectively and persuasively express self, using language and grammar in a professional manner.
- Ability to plan, schedule and organize a professional schedule to achieve strategic goals within or ahead of established time frames.
- Ability to research, analyze, identify viable options, draw sound conclusions, present findings and make thoughtful recommendations considering overall risk and short-term and long-term impact.
- Ability to provide a high level of interactive service to others, building relationships and addressing identified needs.
- Computer and Microsoft Office proficiency.
- Thorough knowledge of banking compliance policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of cost accounting, financial analysis, commercial and consumer credit principles.
Industry and Work Experience:
- 1 or more years of experience in credit analysis, business banking or related field.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
- Tax Return
- Business Development
- Credit Analysis